Elan racer rebuild project

PostPost by: Randy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi there, I'm new here so please be kind! Anybody here who is part of the modern Lotus fraternity might know me as I've been part of the Lotus racing scene for many years having raced across many championships including Brit GT with the factory, Britcar, GT Cup and the Lotus Cup from its inception. Along with the racing I run a thriving little car enterprise in Henley on Thames (http://www.hofmanns.co.uk) where we work on a whole host of different cars. Having enjoyed our share of success in the modern Lotus' we decided to have a crack at an earlier example and we are currently building up a 26r rep to FIA spec and looking forward to partaking in some of the longer races such as Spa 6 hour. We like to do things properly and we are being meticulous with the build so we hope performance and reliability will be on our side. For those interested please have a look at our facebook page and if you like what you see please like the page and all comments and discussion is very welcome.

http://www.facebook.com/HofmannsofHenley
Randy
New-tral

PostPost by: 661 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi Chris,
I thought it was your Old Man who was on the look out for an Elan? That was a while ago when I spoke to him.
Nice colour, and aerocatches on the bonnet are wise

Graeme
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Caterham 420R
Sold - Peterson JPS Exige
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan d bell » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:04 pm

hi,
we are rebuilding a period racer to full 26r spec for fia app k. when it left the factory the car had a 26r body and many parts used by 26rs but it is not a 26r, would love to compare notes.
alan d bell
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Randy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:45 pm

alan d bell wrote:hi,
we are rebuilding a period racer to full 26r spec for fia app k. when it left the factory the car had a 26r body and many parts used by 26rs but it is not a 26r, would love to compare notes.

Would be very interested to chat. I will pm my number.
Randy
New-tral

PostPost by: Randy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:46 pm

661 wrote:Hi Chris,
I thought it was your Old Man who was on the look out for an Elan? That was a while ago when I spoke to him.
Nice colour, and aerocatches on the bonnet are wise

Graeme

Yes, it was, and this is it! Aero catches just look so much neater.
Randy
New-tral

Total Online: