Elan Bumper Stickers

PostPost by: lance54 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:39 pm

This might be a fun topic.

Any interesting Bumper Stickers out there on Elans?

Here's mine. Both in honor of 2 of my heros.

Dan Gurney, universal racer......and after without Gurney's help Colin Chapman might have never arrive at Indianapolis.

Paul Newman (PLN), actor, racer and philanthropist......pus his first race in 1972 was in a Lotus Elan.

And the license plate? Well, in 1965 while growing up in Michigan I was smitten by the Elan. Jimmy Clark (hero of heros) had just won the Indy 500 for Lotus and what did Jimmy Clark drive?.....a Lotus Elan.

47 years later and I'm still smitten by the Lotus Elan.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
Attachments
Stickers.JPG and
lance54
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Hey Clark welcome we need your expertise here --your kind of late you should have been here years ago --ed law 26r s2 33 ---
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:34 am

Clark ---you seem to arrived at a troubled time in this sites life . Please tough it out as your knowledge is sorely needed here --if you can put up with the nay sayers and attacks from the ignorant 'experts' you can sort out who to communicate with and which to ignore ----good luck ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Clark,
Good to have you here; I recognise your name from a long time ago in the world of the Lotus Elite.

Ed gives good advice about "experts"; you could do worse than start by reading this thread:
http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/elan-f14/lotus-elan-shapecraft-t15126.html
although the number of recent deletions make it rather difficult, although you'll get the idea... if you have the patience.

Look forward to your genuinely expert contributions.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: CBUEB1771 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:56 am

Clark,
Unfortunately no bumper stickers to show on either my Elite or +2. My moment of being smitten was in the fall of 1973 when I was studying at the University of Sussex. I was driving across the South Downs in a Morris Minor and was comprehensively overhauled by a dark blue +2, had my own three years later. The "Dan Gurney for President" sticker reminded me of quite a remarkable thing that he did in the last month or so. He took out a half-page ad in the December 2012 edition of Motor Sport thanking Lord and Lady March all all involved in the 2012 Goodwood Revival for honoring him. By the way, how did your Elan behave on the Monday of the Labor Day weekend at Lime Rock? I wish I could have stayed and I hope you got the induction problems resolved.
Russ
Attachments
DSC_0040.jpg and
Russ Newton
Elan +2S (1971)
Elite S2 (1962)
CBUEB1771
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: PBrown60 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:05 pm

By an odd quirk of fate/luck by the Department of Motor Vehicles I seem to have been blessed with a "Bond" Car!

Although my step mother contends the letters mean "X-Wife"!.
Attachments
007.JPG and
PBrown60
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: holywood3645 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Maybe some Green and Yellow furry dice would be a nice touch..... :wink:
But then we would need them in Black and silver also (for the special cars) :shock:

James

Later Note: ..... On a bit of a roll here!

Hollow ones, for the 26R bunch
Pink and Blue ...... for the Baby elan owners
Plus 2... Hmmmmm...... Should they be included? (joke)
Attachments
Furry.jpg
Furry.jpg (12.23 KiB) Viewed 717 times
holywood3645
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:42 pm

howdy - i?d put one of those stickers on my car if u sell me one - alpine greetings sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: