Slan S2 Missing Parts, Iderntity required possible photo?

PostPost by: lotusbaz » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Hello All,

I have a number of parts missing from my 1965 Elan S2. I wondered if anyone can describe the parts or better still provide a photo of the item so that i have some idea of what they look like.

INTERIOR LAMP mounted at the top of the dash, is it chrome? is it black? what is the shape? i believe it uses a festoon bulb Is this correct?

REAR NUMBER PLATE LAMP Is this the same as the interior lamp?

WINDSCREEN WIPER SWITCH All i have is a large hole in the dash about the size of that for the ignition switch. Does the wiper switch turn or pull? does it have a symbol on the knob? Is it combined with the washer switch? i assume manual operation rather than electric.

Many thanks in anticipation, Baz

First Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:31 pm

garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: frearther » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Hello, Baz,

The windshield wiper switch is a combination unit. It controls both the wiper operation (electric) and the washer function (pneumatic). As far as I know, it's unobtanium, except used. There is an icon on the knob, but I can't see it at the moment.

The courtesy lamp and the number plate lamp are identical, and the parts book confirms this.
Art Frederick
S2 Roadster, built in 1965, registered in 1966, No. 26/4934
Nothing else of interest at present
frearther
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: lotusbaz » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info and the links to the photos. All i have to do now is find the parts!

Best Regards from sunny Tyneside, Baz

First Gear

Total Online: