So what does your Elan/Plus2 look like today?

PostPost by: bast0n » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Gary

Your bumpers look almost black........................................ :wink:
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 am

bast0n wrote:Gary

Your bumpers look almost black........................................ :wink:

They are body color which is 1988 Jaguar Brooklands Green. All of my Elans are painted the same way, the front bumper is blended into the body with a slight radius and painted the same color as the body. If we all liked the same color and mods life would be boring wouldn't it? Almost as boring as me...

Gary

This photo is the backside of the North Scituate beach photo just after the houses start.

Musquashcut Pond.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RedS4 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:27 am

It's up to $4.10 a gallon so I'll be cutting back soon, Vote with your wallet and all that crap.

Try $1.50 a itre = $6.82 AUS = $7.30 US a gallon!!! :evil: :evil: :shock: - and that's for what you woud cal "regular"....
Evan J
Elan S4 FHC RHD 36/8569 AND White Evora S..
RedS4
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:25 am

RedS4 wrote:
It's up to $4.10 a gallon so I'll be cutting back soon, Vote with your wallet and all that crap.

Try $1.50 a itre = $6.82 AUS = $7.30 US a gallon!!! :evil: :evil: :shock: - and that's for what you woud cal "regular"....

Don't worry, it will go up and we will be there soon. When it does folks in the U.S. will stop spending that money on other things like all that crap made in China and the rest of the world. Then you will see a real world wide recession. Fight the war and vote with your wallet and reduce your driving! Maybe that leaky 1700cc 150 hp Twin Cam will come out and the NOS 1500 pre-crossflow will go in. I guess that would be called taking some cam(s) out of it.
Attachments
Bound Brook launch ramp.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:20 am

Gary

I must admit your car looks very smart indeed. If mine had not been white when I bought it yours is the colour I would choose. I would not blend in the bumper for fear of some idiot in a car park bashing it. I assume that blended in it is not as easy to get off for repair?
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:12 am

bast0n wrote:Gary

I must admit your car looks very smart indeed. If mine had not been white when I bought it yours is the colour I would choose. I would not blend in the bumper for fear of some idiot in a car park bashing it. I assume that blended in it is not as easy to get off for repair?

The bumper is blended to the nose (aka the bondo is spread on the bumper to blend it to the body) so if /when its hit you need to repair the bumper. I screw up and forgot with 36/5520 and blended the body to the bumper and when I got it home I was jacking it up to get some work done and it dropped off the jack and rolled into the end 12 x 16 shed I was finishing the assembly in. So I had to fix it again and get my friend to repaint the nose and bumper. shit happens and you fix it...

I did a write up on blending the bumper on Tingles ex race car body in this post.
elan-f14/tingles-production-race-elan-body-t16586.html

Please have a read and learn something, maybe we can have some fun if you can understand the passion. This isn't a half ass hobby, its a life long addiction that most of you don't seem to understand. Maybe you use your Elans for something different but mine puts a grin on my face each and every time I see it or get in and drive it.

Gary
Last edited by Guest on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: John Larkin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:14 am

RedS4 wrote:

Here in Ireland we're paying ?1.60 per litre for petrol with 5% ethanol added --- the only choice they give us. That's U.S. $9.72 per imperial gallon, or $8.10 per U.S. gallon.

John Larkin.
1967 S3SE FHC, 1974 Rover P6B, 1949 Lancia Aprilia
John Larkin
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 pm

Gary

Maybe you use your Elans for something different but mine puts a grin on my face each and every time I see it or get in and drive it.

Absobleedin spot on. In my family we measure cars by "grins per mile" and the Elan wins hands down every time. I have a great chum who has 13 cars, some of them quite nice, Daimler Dart, DB7, AC Greyhound etc and none of them come close in GPM. We have what we like to term a handling course around the roads in this part of Somerset so that we can compare like with like.

Even the grand children adore it!

DSC00382.JPG and
Daisy Spot Aug-09.jpg and
Attachments
DSC04004.JPG and
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: DeanG » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Just after its first drive in 13 years.

Next up CV joints and new rubber around the windshield.
Attachments
s00002.jpg and
1967 Elan SE S3 FHC
DeanG
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi Dean

The doors look great please don't do any new door seals or you may need to paint and do other unmentionables. David will be over joyed with you Bumpers, seems to be a trend developing on both sides of the pond. Glad you got to smile and I hope that grin is stuck on you face for the rest of the year...

Gary

4:30 pm
Well I couldn't resist a nice sunny day so I went out at 3:00 pm and drove over to to a friends in Cohasset, he wasn't home but his son and I talked for a while and then I got some more pictures.

little harbor mouth.JPG and

J road toward Boston1.JPG and

J road toward Boston.JPG and
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:15 am

bast0n wrote:Tim

Your handbrake position. Does it not interfere with the relaxed left/right arm rest that makes the Elan so comfortable?

Elan45 wrote:Woh, I missed something from sleeping in one day. What happened?

And where did that handbrake handle spring up from Tim? I don't remember Sprints losing the underdash umbrella handle???

Roger

Pay attention chaps! The centre console handbraked car belongs to me, it's definitely not an original feature amongst many others. See my long running thread topic here http://www.lotuselan.net/forums/elan-mods-f31/duratec-project-the-finishing-touch-t22006.html rather than block up Gary's topic, please add any questions or comments to my thread in the MOD's section.

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Alan
Apologies for not reading through the 16 pages of your other thread.

I asked
Your handbrake position. Does it not interfere with the relaxed left/right arm rest that makes the Elan so comfortable?

A simple answer would be nice - or ignore me. Don't care really as I know the answer. :wink:
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:44 pm

bast0n wrote:Alan
Apologies for not reading through the 16 pages of your other thread.

I asked

A simple answer would be nice - or ignore me. Don't care really as I know the answer. :wink:

David,
I have sent you pm in answer, this is Garys topic and its regarding how your Elan or +2 looks. I don't want to drift off topic too much here which is why I pointed you towards my topic specifically about modified Elans.

Regards
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:46 am

The Elan loaded on the trailer and ready for Phillip Island historic races next weekend. It been raining for the last week so i hope it fines up for next weekend. Phillip Island is a fast track and in the wet it can get a little scary.

cheers
Rohan

On the trailer for Phillip Island next wekend.jpg and
Elan on the trailer for racing next weekend
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: DeanG » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:44 pm

A photo from last weekend. It lives.
Attachments
s00003.jpg and
DeanG