Hope the forthcoming fall isn't too painful...

PostPost by: hatman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:34 am

I've just had a most agreeable experience (stop sniggering at the back - it's about cars). Having just returned from the Pistonheads Sunday Service at Mercedes-Benz world I checked on their website to see if there was any feedback yet and what should I see as the very first shot posted (under Meetings, Events, Travel) but none other than the Elan belonging to yours truly. :D Now, what was it that my mum used to tell me about pride... :shock:
hatman
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:09 pm

hatman wrote:I've just had a most agreeable experience (stop sniggering at the back - it's about cars). Having just returned from the Pistonheads Sunday Service at Mercedes-Benz world I checked on their website to see if there was any feedback yet and what should I see as the very first shot posted (under Meetings, Events, Travel) but none other than the Elan belonging to yours truly. :D Now, what was it that my mum used to tell me about pride... :shock:

Great!
Its those sort of things that make it all worthwhile isn't it?
Go on strut around a bit & enjoy the ego boost. :wink:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: hatman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm thinking that it's more of a coup for Lotus Elans in general, rather than any personal kudos as, I suspect, just about anyone who posts on here could have achieved exactly the same reaction had they gone along too. Still, with an attendance of 700 cars, including some very expensive and exotic machinery, to get that sort of nod shows that Colin might just have been on to something all those years ago. :mrgreen:
hatman
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Ron, actually.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: hatman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:37 am

Oops, sorry Ron. :oops:
hatman
Third Gear