Swedish police is informed...

/Bluefield
26-3811
Bluefield
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:21 pm

edit
Last edited by Jens on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:55 pm

edit
Last edited by Jens on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Ray » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:00 pm

To: worzel4u
Hi John,

This is a good idea. Don't know where Melon.28 lives but maybe you two could arrange something. I am willing to offer a reward if you or Melon.28 get hold of the car.
Hope to hear from you!
Johanna Doblhofer lives at: 9 Utting Avenue East City, Liverpool L11 1DQ. UK. Google street view does not show this address. This is where the car was collected by EKM-Express who took the car to London to their depot. From there the car was to be shipped to Holland.

Hi Melon.28
This is exactly the same e-mail I got from "her".

Regards, Ray
Ray
New-tral

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Ray,

Check PM.

Jens

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Utting Ave East exists; perhaps Worzel could do a drive-by to see what number 9 looks like?
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Ray wrote:To: worzel4u
Hi John,

This is a good idea. Don't know where Melon.28 lives but maybe you two could arrange something. I am willing to offer a reward if you or Melon.28 get hold of the car.
Hope to hear from you!
Johanna Doblhofer lives at: 9 Utting Avenue East City, Liverpool L11 1DQ. UK. Google street view does not show this address. This is where the car was collected by EKM-Express who took the car to London to their depot. From there the car was to be shipped to Holland.

Hi Melon.28
This is exactly the same e-mail I got from "her".

Regards, Ray

It is very doubtful that the car even exists.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gherlt » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:45 pm

For me it is also doubtfull that the company EKM nor the persons will be found at the indicated adress ...
1964 S1 (at paint shop)
1967 S3 DHC
1969 S4 FHC (at BB's home)

https://theelanman.com for details on Brian Bucklands book.
https://shop.lotus-books.com for more Lotus related books.
We ship worldwide. PM/Email me.
gherlt
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:49 pm

elansprint71 wrote:Utting Ave East exists; perhaps Worzel could do a drive-by to see what number 9 looks like?

Why a drive-by?

It's all on Google Maps - with street view...

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Jens wrote:
elansprint71 wrote:Utting Ave East exists; perhaps Worzel could do a drive-by to see what number 9 looks like?

Why a drive-by?

"Johanna Doblhofer lives at: 9 Utting Avenue East City, Liverpool L11 1DQ. UK. Google street view does not show this address. This is where the car was collected by EKM-Express who took the car to London to their depot. From there the car was to be shipped to Holland.

Possibly I did not understand this post.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 pm

I think you will find that Johannah is in fact a large Nigerian gentleman. The car I'm sure does exist (somewhere) but it has never been owned by Johannah or her alter ego. The Liverpool address is made up or is a close enough approximation to cause confusion - the Google Street view is of a terraced property without a garage (so where if it exists is it stored?) that will have nothing to do with this fraud.

The best you can hope for is for someone to lure the perpertrator to a meeting to view the car which will doubtless be somewhere off the beaten track (with suitable excuses as to why) in order to rob the victim. With Police help you just might outsmart them and get an arrest but it is still doubtful you will ever see the money and you will never see the car. An arrest is probably the best you can hope for and if they bail him/her they will never be seen again courtesy of our wonderful British Court System and Human Rights Act - (thanks Tony and Gordon)
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 am

Did you not see my analysis of the website owner some postings back.

It is more likely that 'she' is an Italian or Sicilian possibly with 'Family' connections.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:57 am

In response to numerous innuendoes concerning my original post on this subject,
my comment about dual identities was never intended to imply that elan people on elan.net would use this site to scam other long term members. I wrote what I wrote to see what happens when I question a first time poster explaining a scam. The internet is a whole lot less dependable than an Elan.
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:06 am

1964 S1 wrote:In response to numerous innuendoes concerning my original post on this subject,
my comment about dual identities was never intended to imply that elan people on elan.net would use this site to scam other long term members. I wrote what I wrote to see what happens when I question a first time poster explaining a scam. The internet is a whole lot less dependable than an Elan.

May i refer you to your 1st post on 9th Sept. Eric?
I think that you Sir gave birth to the "innuendo" here, innocent members such as myself had their curiosity aroused & were sucked in by your good self, intentionally or not, with the reference to the supposed use of "dual identities" on here.

nix f?r ungut
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:26 am

elansprint71 wrote:
Jens wrote:

Why a drive-by?

"Johanna Doblhofer lives at: 9 Utting Avenue East City, Liverpool L11 1DQ. UK. Google street view does not show this address. This is where the car was collected by EKM-Express who took the car to London to their depot. From there the car was to be shipped to Holland.

Possibly I did not understand this post.

Well....

It does show...

J

Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: