A mention in Dispatches

PostPost by: SADLOTUS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:28 pm

The Elan's mentioned by Cpt Slow this weekend in the Telegraph.
Hope you can read it.
Attachments
Elan page1.jpg and
SADLOTUS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Nice to see the Elan appreciated :wink:

At least he is reasonably sensible and his TV output is usually OK, unlike the other two stooges. (Clarkson and his pocket squirrel :lol: )

When they're on TV I get the urge to throw something at it :shock:
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Me too!
And, I am amazed JC has not been smacked by some of his audience. At times the level of rudeness has to be seen to be believed. I too am not keen on the man, but I can just about stand RH. The only one who earns any respect from me is James. Mostly a gentleman.

My Daughter once suggested to my wife about buying my son and I tickets to go to one of the recordings and Mrs B told her not to bother as I would not go. Even if they paid me.

JC can be a right P***k at times. Why be so downright rude to members of your audience? Beats me!

AB...
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: worzel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:21 am

Hi

Alex- heard of the old adage "the empty can makes the most noise"- might well apply to somebody the Beeb clearly thinks is worth a lot- or it might reflect just what people (or some at least) wish to hear. A few years back I wrote to the Sunday Times about just such an example of boorishness on his part in his weekly column- I suggested that if I wanted to hear something similar (for free I added) all I'd have to do is go to one of Liverpool's less salubrious drinking dens and listen to the inevitable ramblings of some of the the late night drinkers about the state of the world- (or get on a late night bus and have one sit next to me). Didn't get a reply I'm afraid.

John
worzel
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jimj » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 am

I sometimes watch Top Gear, I particularly like the star in the reasonably priced car. I just can`t bear Richard Hammond, showing off and the childish, scripted "wit". I do REALLY like to read Clarkson, though, as long as you ignore his actual opinion on cars.
Jim
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:48 am

There is something really pathetic about middle aged men behaving like spoilt teenagers.

Hammond seems to be the Beeb's latest darling with Richard Hammond's this that and the other .........It's only a matter of time before they make "Richard Hammond's Latest Stool" :shock: :lol:

"The Gadget Show" which is basically a TG clone suffers from the same problem.
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alexblack13 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:07 am

nebogipfel wrote:
"The Gadget Show" which is basically a TG clone suffers from the same problem.

Yes! ... But the Gadget Show has Suzie ;-)) ..... Just turn the volume down :wink: :roll: :lol:

AB...
Alex Black.
Now Sprintless!!
alexblack13
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: