GT stripe

PostPost by: gordont » Fri May 27, 2011 8:05 am

After a $%^& 4WD reversed into my elan (fortunately not piercing the fibreglass) and leaving a nasty scratch I have had the paint tidied up and a pair of stripes inspired by the 26R in the pics from Japan added.
A few pics to show my handywork (must say was harder than I thought), have to do the hardtop next when it is back from the painters next week.
Attachments
025.JPG and
024.JPG and
Gordon
26/5416
gordont
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 am

I do like the stripe on the early cars Gordon....it must be from my Corgi Elan race set I had as a kid in the 60s!

Here's a press photo of a S2 S/E with stripe, done at the factory, which is the same as the Corgi car I believe...yellow with green stripe.

Mark
Attachments
zFile0033.jpg and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:25 am

Graham Arnold held that the first 25 S2 SEs were liveried in yellow with green stripe, as above.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri May 27, 2011 10:40 am

Elanintheforest wrote:I do like the stripe on the early cars Gordon....it must be from my Corgi Elan race set I had as a kid in the 60s!

Here's a press photo of a S2 S/E with stripe, done at the factory, which is the same as the Corgi car I believe...yellow with green stripe.

Mark

This one was given to me by a model car collector; little wonder really, considering the condition.
Anyway a childhood memory for you Mark :wink:
Attachments
Corgi Elan S21.jpg and
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Fri May 27, 2011 11:21 am

That's the one! Now you need a VW pickup, a green with yellow stripe S2, and spare rolling chassis on a trailer. Oh, and a 'Lotus Climax Racing Car'...unknown number!

I still have it all somewhere, and still in box....but well played with I'm afraid.

Tim, I remember hearing that as well, but I've never seen one, let alone 25 of them! I'm deciding what colour to paint my S2 currently, and maybe this is the answer!

Mark
Attachments
z lotus set.jpg and
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri May 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Elanintheforest wrote:That's the one! Now you need a VW pickup, a green with yellow stripe S2, and spare rolling chassis on a trailer. Oh, and a 'Lotus Climax Racing Car'...unknown number!

I still have it all somewhere, and still in box....but well played with I'm afraid.

Tim, I remember hearing that as well, but I've never seen one, let alone 25 of them! I'm deciding what colour to paint my S2 currently, and maybe this is the answer!

Mark

Well I'm dumbfounded & sprachlos!
Wot 'aint ya got stashed away?
:) :)
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Fri May 27, 2011 6:53 pm

I remember years ago Peter Day offering me the remains of the motor show S2 SE, I believe it was yellow with a green stripe; it had been involved in some lurid accident that left its owner in a terrible state - I hope both made full recoveries. Though like Mark, I've never seen an original yellow and green S2 SE.

I can't decide on Wedgewood blue, Cirrus white or Carmen red for my S2.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: