Parts list as .pdf

PostPost by: Bruce Crowthorne » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:13 pm

I have just bought my first Elan (a 69 S4) as a box of bits.
I got the workshop manual with the car, but would like a parts list (and especially the exploded parts diagrams) preferably as a .pdf file.

Does anyone have one on a machine that I can download?

Thanks
Bruce

PS I guess I will be asking lots of basic questions in the next few months (or years!) - watch this space!
Bruce Crowthorne
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: M100 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:37 pm

They are still available new from Lotus and are frequently on Ebay.

Elan 62-63 Parts List X036T0325J @ any Lotus Dealer for GBP 51.45

Online ordering at http://www.bell-colvill.co.uk/LotusShop ... X036T0325J

The earlier parts book covering the S1 S2 and Coupe models that is long out of print is available as a pdf though. Most of the mechanical bits are common to the S4 but there are quite a few differences on bodywork/trim/electrics

http://www.lotusfaq.org/Elan/Documents/ ... tslist.pdf (15MB)
M100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: marcfuller » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:02 pm

You can get a bound reprint of the Lotus Elan Parts List, S1, S2, S3, S4 from Lotus-Books.com for GBP 39.95. They also have a lot of other Elan pertinent books listed
http://lotus-books.com/html/elan.html
-Marc '66 Elan DHC (36/6025)
http://www.lotuselan.us
marcfuller
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:17 pm

Bruce --- I just about finished my ?lan which arrived in boxes and bits- 2 1/2 YEARS AGO ------keep at it ----make a list of things to do and stick to it --it makes the job easier -one job at a time -rather than look at the big picture -and get discouraged good luck :wink: ed
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bruce Crowthorne » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:17 am

Thanks Ed. I am at the stage where I am not sure what should be on the list never mind which order!!!

My thought is prepare the body first (and then leave it to dry for a while), then do the rolling chassis and drive train and finally the trim. Does that sound like a sensible order?

Then there are some nice questions to ponder. How original do I try and make it? I like cars which are clean underneath so am thinking of (hand) painting inside and underneath the shell - very non Lotus!
How about powder coating or painting silver bits like suspension, drive shafts etc.

I guess I need to start examining some Elans in DETAIL!

Regards
Bruce
Bruce Crowthorne
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: types26/36 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:40 am

[quote="Bruce Crowthorne"]I have just bought my first Elan (a 69 S4) as
I got the workshop manual with the car, but would like a parts list (and especially the exploded parts diagrams) preferably as a .pdf file.
Does anyone have one on a machine that I can download?quote]

Hey Bruce, are you the same Bruce I took to see an S3 Elan a friend of mine is selling in Bracknell? if you are you know where I live and I have a parts list you can have a look at.
Brian
Brian
64 S2 Roadster
72 Sprint FHC
types26/36
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bruce Crowthorne » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:33 pm

Yes I am the same one!
Finally managed to get the right DHC.
At the stage where I am just forming a plan for the rebuild and actively seeking advice on all sorts of things....

I would like to take you up on your offer of a look at your parts list, although I have lost your contact details. Can you email me at bruce.orr(at)btinternet.com?

I would really appreciate a look at your Elan as well.
Thanks
Bruce
Bruce Crowthorne
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: tonycharente » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:23 pm

Re the factory Parts book - I think you'll find that it covers 62 to 73, not 62 to 63 - I expect B&C's listing is a typo...... it can't have been an 036 number in 63, can it? Tony
1969 Elan FHC S4 SE
tonycharente
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: M100 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:30 pm

>Re the factory Parts book - I think you'll find that it covers 62 to 73, not 62 to 63 - I expect B&C's listing is a typo...... it can't have been an 036 number in 63, can it?

Yes it is a typo, the old "26" parts book was superceded by the 36 (it also covers the type 45's as well) Basically everything Elan except the +2

Even though the later parts book effectively covers the earlier cars it is far less comprehensive than the S1/S2/Coupe one that I posted the link to as that one has a lot of cross references to the suppliers part numbers.
Martin
72 Sprint DHC
M100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:25 am

Bruce,
You might consider going to the Lotus parts fair at Stoneleigh near Coventry 13th Nov I think.
Go and meet Susan Miller she will be there, she is most knowlegable and helpful in getting bits and pieces you require, she has a parts list as well.
Plus there should be a few more Elan's to look at.
Doug
P.S. don't forget your camera, it is most useful at a later date if you take some photo's.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: fasterbyelan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:57 pm

Bruce,

I have taken a few dozen photos of my Elan, a 1970's S4 FHC, as I have taken it apart. Although there is a long way to go, a lot of the images are of the car complete and show loom positions, relay locations etc etc. You are welcome to a copy of them - I suggest you let me have your address by PM and I will send you a CD with them on (they are quite large). Else I hope to be at Stoneleigh and we could meet up there.

I have also sent to your personnel email address a copy of Sue Miller's Elan catalogue - I'm sure she will not mind! You can also obtain online catalogues from the leading suppliers.

Hope this is of help,

Karl

1970 S4 FHC SE
fasterbyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: