Emma Peel's Gates

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 am

THIS, is what Elan.net is all about. Forget about vehicle performance...
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Famous Frank » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:56 am

Did anyone notice the 356 in the still picture in front of the gate is the same one that is parked in the street just behind where the cab dropped of Steed?

Details, details, details!
Famous Frank

67 Elan Coupe
66 Elan S2 SE
65 Elan S2
65 Elan 26R
69 S2 Europa
06 Elise
67 Barracuda
Famous Frank
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: abstamaria » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:00 am

You are eagle-eyed, Frank.

All this encourages me to watch The Avengers this weekend, beginning with "Auntie."
abstamaria
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Famous Frank wrote:Did anyone notice the 356 in the still picture in front of the gate is the same one that is parked in the street just behind where the cab dropped of Steed?

Details, details, details!

There used to be a (saddo) website which listed every single vehicle shown (even in the background) of every single episode of the Avengers. The site is currently "down", I believe that the authorities have finally caught up with the owner. :roll:

Before you ask; I had a legit reason for trawling up this site as I was asked to find out how many Bentleys Steed actually drove in the first four series.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RedS4 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 am

Before you ask;
I had a legit reason for trawling up this site as I was asked to find out how many Bentleys Steed actually drove in the first four series.

Yes, and?? How many?? :o
Evan J
Elan S4 FHC RHD 36/8569 AND White Evora S..
RedS4
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:37 pm

RedS4 wrote:Before you ask;
I had a legit reason for trawling up this site as I was asked to find out how many Bentleys Steed actually drove in the first four series.

Yes, and?? How many?? :o

More than you think! :twisted:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:19 am

found a site with all the cars ever on the tv show at 'THE AVENGERS FOREVER --AVENGING VEHICLES '---ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 pm

The Club Lotus magazine this month has a brief article saying that (one of the two) Emma Peel's Lotuses has been bought back from the Dezer Museum in the USA and brought back to the UK.

Interestingly, apparently it was first licenced to Diana Rigg.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Chancer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Where I live in France Emma Peel is a style icon to women between the ages of 30 and 40, the series was re-named "Chapeau melon et bottes de cuir" for the French market, bowler hat and leather boots, many many women go out of their way to dress like her and make pilgrimages to London to buy clothes and accessories for le look, my close friend one of them.

I was moving my Elan from one storage location to another and decided to pay her family a visit, I thought it would be the hubby and kids most intrigued by this tiny lightweight plastic car with the funny lights and huge steering wheel but her reaction just blew me away :D :D

Her husband is a really good friend to me and not at all the jealous type, an exception in thse parts but he definitely was a little that day.

I have since climbed several places on the cool wall!!
Chancer
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:37 pm

The episode with this picture was shown on the TV this week.

Surprisingly, Emma Peel had a relatively small part in the episode as she was kidnapped immediately after the above scene and a substitute Emma put in her place, so the episode was about rescuing Emma.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:02 pm

What a cracking pair of gates
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: