Danger Man

PostPost by: kenb » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Any of you old Brits remember "Danger Man"?
Reading of the passing of Patrick Mcghooan I seem to remember he drove an Elan in the series.
Not as curvaceous as Emma Peel!

kenb
S1 Elan
kenb
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: jono » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 pm

I thought he drove an Aston but you may be right.

The main reason we Brits would recall PM however would be for his role in The Prisoner where drove a Lotus Seven. That series stared my Lotus obsession and once I got the Seven (well, Caterham) out of my system I then moved on to the Elan :wink:
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: miked » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Ken,

I used to watch it when I was a lad but I am still only a youngster! :lol:

Was it about 1965 - 66?

Mike

:D
miked
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Looks like he had a Mini Cooper 'S'....
http://www.danger-man.co.uk/mini.asp

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:11 am

I've just bough the special collection edition of The Prisoner (only viewed the first episode so far), watched it avidly on TV at the time but never understood the final episode; apparently the cast and crew were totally stoned when they filmed it- which explains a lot!
In one episode, Number 6 dreams that he chases some baddies driving a Lotus Cortina all the way to Switzerland in his Seven. Does not stop for fuel or a piss all the way, and what is even more strange, they do not notice that they are being followed!!!!

Brilliant product placement by the Sales Dept.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:07 am

If I remember correctly he drives an Elan in "The Prisoner" episode "The Girl Who was Death" (or was it the girl? .....so long ago.......so many brain cells gone!)

And with all due respect to the late Patrick, I loved "The Prisoner" but always thought the last episode was complete pants and very disappointing (he wrote it)
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ppnelan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:27 am

nebogipfel wrote:If I remember correctly he drives an Elan in "The Prisoner" episode "The Girl Who was Death"

See www.theunmutual.co.uk/lotuselan.htm

:arrow: Matthew
ppnelan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Emma-Knight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:00 pm

By the way...Arte Germany shows The Avengers "Mit Schirm, Charme und Melone" (with umbrella, charme and melon) on normal workdays at 17:40 to 18.30. Just happened to drop over "Death at Bargain" prices yesterday... Today its "Castle of Death". Ok, its in German - but they have lovely voices thouhg... :D

Anna
1965 S2
Emma-Knight
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ema7elan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Just watched 'The Executioner', a 1970 thriller with George Peppard and Judy Geeson. In one scene he drives his Lotus Elan (TNG4G) into his garag where thugs shoot at least two bullets into his screen and knock out one of his headlights. He reverses through his garage doors (no damage to rear of car) and seconds later arrives at Judy Geesons flat with new screen and headlight. Self healing elan! -reminds me of Stephen Kings 'Christine'.

EMA7ELAN
ema7elan
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:44 pm

ppnelan wrote:
nebogipfel wrote:If I remember correctly he drives an Elan in "The Prisoner" episode "The Girl Who was Death"

See www.theunmutual.co.uk/lotuselan.htm

:arrow: Matthew

Thanks, I've got more brain cells than I thought :wink:
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:55 am

nebogipfel wrote:If I remember correctly he drives an Elan in "The Prisoner" episode "The Girl Who was Death" (or was it the girl? .....so long ago.......so many brain cells gone!)

And with all due respect to the late Patrick, I loved "The Prisoner" but always thought the last episode was complete pants and very disappointing (he wrote it)

He drives a Lotus Seven in "The Prisoner" pre-amble, flashbacks and in the last episode.

Emma Peel drives an open-top Elan in "The Avengers"
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: