Almost the end of a saga!

PostPost by: chrishewett » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:46 pm

Well the +2 is almost finished after six years.
Many thanks to all for the help and guidance I have received .
Got the headlamp conversion finished today so rad back in tomorrow, tune up and mot, easy as that!
After engine rebuild, new gearbox and diff, driveshaft conversion, brake calipers and servo, new inner sills , suspension, rewire, carpets, respray, carb rebuild, electric fuel pump, electronic ignition and other things to numerous to mention - would I do it again? Of course I would. Spent twice what the car is worth but I have no intention of ever selling, so what.
People I have found good to deal with - Susan Miller, Christopher Neil, Aldon Automotive, Demon Tweeks, Hamish Coutts.
People not so good - S * Spo****ars!

This car is a reward in itself, to drive it is a delight.
What good value for money they are. I look forward to many happy years motoring.
Thanks again for all your help.
Chris
chrishewett
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:55 pm

Hi Chris

Well done! Do you have any pictures of the car that I could see? I was rebuilding a JPS +2, but saw a really nice rebuilt +2 last week and bought that. Now I have to work out the best way of exiting the rebuild!

All the best

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:36 am

Chris,

Thanks for that - you've got me all embarassed now. :oops:

Any pics to have a look at. Looks like you have done a shed load of work.

Regards,

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: chrishewett » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:25 pm

I should be able to get the mot next week and after a bit of finishing I will take a few pics for anyone interested.
With luck it will be travelling to Le Mans for the classic next year!
Happy days!
Chris
chrishewett
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: