FHC vs DHC/Roadster Values

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue May 01, 2007 11:42 am

Hi Rohan

I wish I had the space too, the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority bought (emanate domain) the property from my landlord and turned it into a parking lot for the soon to be reinstated train to Boston from the South. I am working out of my 2 car garage (or not as the case has been lately) and most projects on hold. As I said I really don't need the new project but hate to see Elan's left to die.

I was doing a search this morning for a photo of the chestnut Lotus factory and came across the following, it is somewhat old but entertaining.

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profiles ... index.html

Brice was the center of the latest controversy over on the yahoo groups
lotuselan for speaking his mind about the proper orientation of motor mounts. Anyway, I emailed and later talked to him by phone about the purchase and it turns out that he didn?t pay $9100 for the S1 but something substantially less. Brice was not the winning bidder but someone that had emailed the seller during the auction. I guess the "winner" took a look at the Elan and left without it. The owner of the Elan needed it gone and Brice accommodated him. I don't remember if he even gave me a number but it was somewhere north of $2K and less than $4k. But the author of the article believed the ebay story and ran with it as it made good reading, this is one of the ways that folks see there backyard treasures soaking up the sun and rain and the myth continues.

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sat May 19, 2007 11:21 am

Hayse Harris has this 67 SS coupe for sale, not a bad price for what he is listing ($17,900) . The body and paint look to be in good condition. It appears to have the heater delete option for the Florida climate and racecar environment. All in all, a presentable Elan Coupe and a very rare car now, not many SS models built and a Coupe to boot. Hayse has a pretty good sence of the market and not a lot of cars he sells stick around long and doesn't he expect killer profit.

http://wirewheel.com/index.php?action=w ... SiteID=409
Attachments
cheshunt.jpg and
I found this photo and it show the chestnut factory back in (and I am guessing here)1964 or early 1965
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: msd1107 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:15 am

Is that not a S4 hood?

And the dash is a post 69 dash with the rocker switch gear and hazzard switch in the center lower row of switches.

Does anybody know how many 67 SS FHCs were produced?

David
1968 36/7988
msd1107
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun May 20, 2007 11:37 am

Yes, that is a later bonnet but so what, Hayse probably had it in stock. There are lots of non stock treatments to this Elan but I wouldn't kick her out of bed for any of them. For the money Hayse is asking it looks like a nice Coupe set up for track days.

ps appears to be missing the rain gutters that surround the top half of the doors. Is anyone close enough to Wirewheel to look at this Coupe?
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Wed May 30, 2007 10:36 am

11 days since I saw the SS S3 for sale at Wirewheel.com and it is listed as being SOLD. Did any one here buy it? Like I said Hayse prices Elan's to sell.

http://wirewheel.com/index.php?action=w ... SiteID=409
Last edited by garyeanderson on Wed May 30, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Wed May 30, 2007 11:19 am

Have you seen this little beauty on eBay? One owner and low miles...can't be many left like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Lo ... dZViewItem

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Wed May 30, 2007 11:47 am

Hi Mark

I saw it, I do like the JAP Magna wheels, I have a set of 6" and 7" for 6292 FHC thats for sale. The car on Ebay looks a lot like the 70 Coupe that I own too, but it is a domestic model and doesn't have the side reflectors or the high back seats. I also has a set of new Panasports on it.
It should be interesting to see the outcome of this auction, most people don't like the white paint on an Elan, I think it looks great.

must have been some problems, the listing was removed...

Gary

"Have you seen this little beauty on eBay? One owner and low miles...can't be many left like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Lo ... dZViewItem

Mark"
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: