Parts I could make in my CNC shop

PostPost by: gsminors » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:40 pm

I have seemed to have taken over a thread in the +2 forum. So I will start it here.
I own a CNC machine shop and I have been making special parts for British cars for a couple of years now and I am getting more and more busy on this side. Alredy making aluminum pulley's for MG and Triumph should I be looking at parts for Lotus as well? My parts have been selling world wide not to just North America.
Let me know of any ideas you might have? I will then look into the possibility of these projects.
Thanks for your help.
Geoff Minors
1969 Lotus Elan +2
1972 MGB (being restored)
1981 Fiat X19
1973 Norton 850 Commando
gsminors
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: denicholls2 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:56 pm

Here are some suggestions for the Europa that always come up as hard to procure:

- Stub axles in two different varieties
- Rear hubs
- Hardened spacers to separate the two bearings in the hub carrier. Not hard to make but the group would like a reliable U.S. Source for a quality part. I'll guess you are in the U.S.
- For the Renault engine, there's a gear drive takeoff from the camshaft that drives the oil pump and distributor. You mess it up when you assemble the head without the right tools. A Europa lister borrowed the messed up one I had from an engine I bought. His shop said too hard, but some of us would like a source of replacements. Not sure there's a big market in this one.

-- Doug Nicholls, 54/1822 Ma~
denicholls2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: