New to all this-ish

PostPost by: elanbaby » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:06 pm

Last time I visited Susan Miller I asked her about ill fitting doors. They all do that ex works she said. When restoring an Elan it seems to be good practice and much easier to filler the body to suit the doors rather than fiddling with the doors themselves. But if you like to keep your Elan genuine, just live with the rear door bottoms sticking out. That?s what I?ll do. And believe me, the car drives just as well!
J. Grams, Germany

?70 Elan S4/SE
elanbaby
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Jens » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:47 pm

If you want something where all the parts fit like they should - buy something German.

Otherwise start enjoying the noble art of owning a real sportscar.

//J
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong - look at what they can do to a Weber carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver..." (CABC)

My one problem is that distance keeps me from my Elan. (36/5395)
Jens
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: bruss » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:10 pm

Thanks guys, I have decided to leave the doors as is - just putting new bobbins in to tighten up the wear. I have something German - A Range Rover! :) Anyone any idea where the original steering column was scavenged from? I'm guessing a triumph part.

Ciao
Attachments
lotwig1.JPG and
My other loti- severely used this weekend
STP60098a.JPG and
Easter beckons!
68 plus 2 and 77? dhc - I'll take you out for a spin,- as soon as Ive got it working properly:-)
bruss
First Gear
First Gear

Previous

Total Online: