UK exporting suppliers of Elan bits?

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:30 pm

Hello again group,
I thank all who gave me input regarding front shock replacement - very helpful. Have got new shocks in hand, but must wait 4 wks. for springs to arrive at Bean from UK.
I wonder if anyone would mind sharing leads on good UK-based suppliers who will ship to the states. Sourcing parts is sometimes hit and miss here - even though we have a few well-known suppliers.
Wife and I returned 15 minutes ago from an excellent all-British car meet about 2 hours south of us in Palo Alto. I estimate a couple hundred plus cars of many marques - and most of them in beautiful driver and some in show condition. British automotive heritage had a good showing today!
Cheers,
Greg
FST FLWR
1971 Elan S4
elangtv2000
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:30 pm

Hi Greg

The Best :D

Susan at Mick Miller Classic Lotus

01728 603307

[email protected]
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elangtv2000 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:54 pm

Thanks for the lead. Does Mick Miller Classic Lotus have a web presence or email address?
Thanks again,
Greg
elangtv2000
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: MintSprint » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:50 am

Mick Miller Lotus (Susan Miller) has only just progressed to telephones. Carrier pidgeon was considered to be high technology until recently...

Try googling Paul Matty Sportscars, Christopher Neil Sportscars, Kelvedon Motors and Tony Thompson Racing.
MintSprint
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: grat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:08 am

elangtv2000 wrote:Hello again group,

I wonder if anyone would mind sharing leads on good UK-based suppliers who will ship to the states. Sourcing parts is sometimes hit and miss here - even though we have a few well-known suppliers.

as MintSprint mentioned I would agree with Tony Thompson, they are more racing oriented but will go the extra distance to get you what you need. With the exchange rate it isn't going to be cheap.

Another lotus parts US distributor (I know, not what you asked) similar to bean that I would recommend is jaeparts. They have a website www.jaeparts.com but has little content, you'll have to call them to get specifics. They have stock on a lot of lotus OEM parts, and prices are better than most.

fj..
1969 S4 45/9297
grat
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: MintSprint » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:38 am

It has to be said that, from their website, JAE seem to be as competent as any of the UK suppliers. I e-mailed them to try and get hold of a copy of their catalogue, however, and never got a response, though. :x

Ironically, the last time I needed a really difficult to source component (window rocker switches for the S4/Sprint), it was Sports Car World in the US who came up trumps - they supplied me with a couple of good second hand switches very quickly and efficiently (I've had slower delivery from UK suppliers!) and at a very reasonable price, due to the current exchange rate!
MintSprint
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: