Does Paul Matty's ever look at e-mail messages

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:17 pm

I sent an e-mail inquiry to Paul Matty's parts department to get the approximate cost of shipping exhaust components to the US and some information about trim bits. They have not answered. They have a reasonable website and their catalog and price list are available for download, so they appear Internet-savvy. I'd like to do buisness with them but prefer not to make expensive transatlantic phone calls. Have others had experience dealing with them using e-mail?

Thanks for any insight.
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
I love the sound of a torque wrench in the morning. Sounds like... progress.
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: MintSprint » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:22 pm

I have e-mailed their sales link in the past without response
MintSprint
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: M100 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:47 pm

Use fax, if no fax machine is available then use the free (worldwide) email to fax offered by http://www.tpc.int/

Don't go sending your credit card number using it though as the connection is not encrypted.
Martin
72 Sprint DHC
M100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:51 pm

This is my cue to give a plug for the brilliant Susan Miller at Mick Miller Classic Lotus

(I take every opportunity :D )

tel 01728 603307

[email protected]

No flashy website, just a pleasant helpful parts service for the Elan and +2

John
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Emma-Knight » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:23 pm

They do answer, sometimes a few days lateer. They are very helpful and have some nice parts. Susan Miller is about the same - e-mail is sometimes few days late.
By the way-I never got an answer from Dave Bean... though he has so nice parts for my S2...
1965 S2
Emma-Knight
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:07 pm

Emma-Knight wrote:They do answer, sometimes a few days lateer. They are very helpful and have some nice parts. Susan Miller is about the same - e-mail is sometimes few days late.
By the way-I never got an answer from Dave Bean... though he has so nice parts for my S2...

I haven't received an answer from Dave Bean's "admin" address - try "ken" instead. He answers and can tell you what you need to know.
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: denicholls2 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:30 pm

In my experience, most of the Lotus suppliers don't understand the internet business model and the needs of internet users, and therefore fail to grasp the importance of keeping up with email.

Ray at RD Enterprises is about the only exception I've yet encountered to this rule, and I suspect that's because he is extremely customer savvy on the importance of service. But he doesn't have basic secure transaction processing either.

This malady appears to have no bearing on excellence of phone service or direct service. I sure wish they would apply the same level of excellence to email as a communications medium, though.

Banks is a good example. They have parts I want that nobody else does. But it's too much of a pain to coordinate myself to call Richard during his business hours, so I don't get around to it. A simple email would be SOOOOO much easier on both of us!

-- Doug Nicholls, 54/1822 Ma~
denicholls2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: tonycharente » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:33 pm

I live in France and I regularly buy stuff from Paul Mattys by email - it is true that there can sometimes be a few days before they get back to you, but once they do they are very helpful. I think the same is true of Susan Miller.
1969 Elan FHC S4 SE
tonycharente
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pereirac » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:28 am

Sue's not very high tech, no flashy web site or anything, just plain old fashioned very good personal service. It's best to phone her.. I always try her first :-)

Carl
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: hatman » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:39 am

So do I and, unlike the other suppliers, it's always her that you deal with, rather than having to take pot luck on who answers the phone.
hatman
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:37 pm

And she is a sweetheart :D

She has got a new PC and will probably answer email faster.

For those who aren't aware, Susan runs the business single handed since the untimely death of her husband and has concentrated on developing the parts supply side of it. She has very good knowledge of Elans and +2's and is always trying to find sources of difficult parts even to the extent of having parts made.

In my view Susan deserves our support.

John
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: seaandmoor » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:25 pm

Hi Andrew,
They may be small and not really up to speed on IT like big franchises/dealers but I've used both Susan Miller and Paul Matty. I've found both to be very good on customer service, prices and knowledge and wouldn't go anywhere else.
I have to say my email was simply replied to with "give us a call and we do all we can to help you" so I've always telephoned since then and no problem.
I think a transatlantic call would be money well spent and as someone said, you always get Susan when you telephone.
Good luck.
seaandmoor
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: paros » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:30 am

Personally I have found Paul Matty excellent BUT I think the email goes to 'reception' and then goes to Roy by hand in the stores.
I mark mine 'for Roy in stores' and bingo every time!
Now is holiday season so I would expect a slower response time.
P Matty are great for shipping to Greece and always check so see if slow post or a shipper is preferred. With costs of shipping to Greece, this makes a big difference, eg but not from Matty, my current dilema of 10 race tyres at ?310 for TNT!!!
Also from Greece not every email gets to its destination. so there are plenty of times I have cursed UK suppliers only to discover nothing was receieved.
Richard
paros
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RotoFlexible » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:09 pm

I did finally receive a reply from Paul Matty, apologizing for the delay and mentioning that they are very busy. I forget sometimes that most people don't spend their entire workday staring at a terminal the way I do. When I get the initial questions worked out I'll give them a call to finish the transaction.
Andrew Bodge
'66 Elan S2 26/4869
RotoFlexible
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: