parts list cross references

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:36 am

parts list cross reference for the elan and +2......
if anyone has any info regarding OEM's or even who makes them now and any details you have......
I believe one of our number is compiling a complete parts list cross reference so any info you have would be much appreciated

go for it Pete..!!!!!.... :P

please feel free to add the info on here or if you have lots of relevant info then please contact pete via PM or Peter Mallinson on his web or email [email protected] www.sheenview.com

TIA
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tintin » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:09 am

please feel free to add the info on here .....
TIA

One info I can supply is that the parts list mentioned in this forum several times earlier has at least one mistake which even I was able to spot:

The +2 heater isn't a Spridget item as it is mentioned in the list. Angloparts and others have PDF catalogues available for download, I use them a lot to search for cross references and the various Spridget heaters shown in this catalogue have nothing to do with the one currently residing on my workbench.

Tim
--
1964 Norton Atlas - 1974 Lotus 130/5
Parts falling of these vehicles are of the
finest british craftsmenship
Tintin
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:28 pm

I know that your heater matrix on a +2 is a ford fiesta (european/british model)......its about 1mm shorter than the original +2 item
cheers
G
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tower of strength » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:55 pm

[/quote]

The +2 heater isn't a Spridget item as it is mentioned in the list. Angloparts and others have PDF catalogues available for download, I use them a lot to search for cross references and the various Spridget heaters shown in this catalogue have nothing to do with the one currently residing on my workbench.

Tim[/quote]

according to Graham Arnolds book "illustrated lotus buyers guide" the plus 2 heater was from "a very big british four door sedan" but doesnt mention which one.

Any suggestions (MK2 jag?)
regards

Mark
tower of strength
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:29 am

The dash mounted slide controls for the heater were the same as various Fords of the era. So if from a large 4 door sedan perhaps a Granada ?

Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Tintin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:05 am

The dash mounted slide controls for the heater were the same as various Fords of the era. So if from a large 4 door sedan perhaps a Granada ?

It's not the Jag MkII and the one sitting on my bench has a Smiths sticker
together with a type nr. I'll have a look at it later.

Tim
--
1964 Norton Atlas - 1974 Lotus 130/5
Parts falling of these vehicles are of the
finest british craftsmenship
Tintin
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:15 am

Rohan

As I recall, the Granada wasn't about at that time. Perhaps it was the Ford Zephyr/Zodiac?

If it is a Smiths part, they were often fitted to BMC cars, so it could be the same as the Austin 1800/Wolsley?

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Hamish Coutts » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:09 pm

Tim,

I had a Mk2 Cortina 1600. I'm pretty sure the eyeball dash vents were fitted to it as well as the Dagenam dustbins (Mk4? Zephyrs & Zodiacs) :)

Hamish.
"One day I'll finish the restoration - honest, darling, just a few more years....."
Hamish Coutts
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Dave-M » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:22 pm

Eyeball vents were Hillman Hunter (arrow model) as I recall
Regards
Dave
Dave-M
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RonR » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:19 pm

All,

I just found this on the Ford Corsair Owner's Club web site......

Looks as though it's very similar to the Plus 2 heater. The Corsair has 2 x outlets at the front, whereas the Plus 2 has them at the side. Maybe it's as close as we're going to get!

I used to own a Hillman Hunter, and don't recognise the Air Fascia Vents from there. I'm sure they came from the Humber Sceptre, the up-market version of the Hunter with the walnut dashboard, etc.

Cheers,
Ron '68 +2, '92 M100
RonR
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: