Looking for Photos or Colorinfos of Elan in Le Mans

PostPost by: Elanfan_DE » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:29 pm

Hallo,

i'm looking for photos or infos about the coloring from the elans 26R driven in le mans 1964 with starting number 38 from the Royal Elysees Team, driver Rene Richard and Piere Gele and no. 39.

Also the elan from 1965 with number 69 driven by Claude Laurent and Piere Gele and the elan from 1966 with no. 80 driven by Nicolas Koob and Piere Marx.

I'm building a realistic modell for slotracing, so i need the color information.

thanks a lot, best regards
Thorsten
Elanfan_DE
New-tral

PostPost by: Vanden Perre » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:12 pm

I can't tell you but I have seen several times in France a man having a huge collection of Le Mans 24 hours photographs.
It must be a photographer (but I am not 100% sure) and it's call Washington Photos. They are located in Le Mans city itself.
I remember seing a picture of a Le Mans Elan but unfortunately for you in was in B/W. They may have colour pictures as well.

What you are doing does interest me: "building a realistic model for slotracing".
Tell me more about it. What scale is it 1/24 or 1/32? Which motor? Is it a real slot racing car or is it less sophisticated than slot (more Scalextric like)?

Olivier.
Vanden Perre
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elanfan_DE » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:21 pm

Thank you for this information. Can you remeber about the design of this car? At the moment my opinion is that the the car with no. 38 was coatet in british racing green with a yellow stip in the middle all over the car.

Yes, i'm building a slotcar in 1:24. It becomes a scale slotcar for a race called "Le Mans Challenge". The are 3 classes (gt-cars till 1974, prototypcars till 1974 and all other cars since 1974). In this event there is also a concours rating, you can get up to 20 points for a perfect buildet car.

The body is a resinekit produced by Stephan Wiesel from germany. The motor is a plafit fox (mabuchi 130 Series).

greetings
Thorsten
Elanfan_DE
New-tral

PostPost by: SADLOTUS » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:44 pm

I dont call myself sadlotus for nothing!

Hi Elanfan_DE,

Here's a couple of pictues of the same car - although - looking closely you'll see that the black and white one has no diagonal stripe accross the bonnet, two louvres at the back of the bonnet and no number plate. Also no yellow circle LeMans class ID on the door.

Notice on the colour picture, the small fly screen on the drivers side, the faired in door number lights, and the small scoop by the front wheel.

Of course you have seen the extra large headlights and indicators, the central small light in the S1 all round bumper.

Depending on your screen the colours are:
car and wheels- a dark/royal/teal blue (could be a dark French blue of course), notice the orange sill. Diagonal stripe looks pale yellow.

Couldn't find anything on 65 or 66.

Sorry about that to all you other chaps out there, but I know how important the detail can be to model makers.
Attachments
bw.jpg and
col.jpg and
col2.jpg and
Faired in Number lights x2
small scoop
orange sill and yellow class ID
SADLOTUS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Elanfan_DE » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:54 pm

Hello Sadlotus,

thank you very much, these are great pictures. They will help help me a lot.

I think the slotcar need a couple ot month to build up. If the users of this forum want i can post some photos from the constuction. Next week i get the resinebody.

Thanks a lot and best greetings from germany
Thorsten
Elanfan_DE
New-tral

PostPost by: Vanden Perre » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:35 pm

I can't help you about the colour of car n?38 but the pictures posted will help.
If you have some pictures of the construction of your slot car I am interested.
I recently bought a resin kit of a S1 scale 1/32 and I am buiding it. I didn't know the "Wiesel" kit. I found some pictures of it and wonder why it has such ugly wide wings!! Anyway it should be possible to grind them out. It is only resin.
Olivier.
Vanden Perre
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elanfan_DE » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:16 pm

Hello Vanden Perre,

the wide wings are attached from the constructor of the body. Our hobby is called "Scaleracing" but the cars are not perfect detailed bodys. Because a fast car need a light and wide body. In the GT-Class there is 75 mm track with - and a fast body should have these 75 mm.

I think our racecars are 75% perfect scaleracing cars. There is always a concours rating but you can't get points f?r a body with perfect original dimensions. You can get points for a pefect coating, for true-to-scale representation of the wheels, for a perfect colouring of the interieur and so on.

You will find all this information on the website of the "Deutsche Slot Classic" http://www.deutscheslotclassic.de. There you can find also the concourse rules.

Greetings
Thorsten
Elanfan_DE
New-tral

Total Online: