SEARCH PART AND INFO FOR LOTUS S2

PostPost by: CHABOT » Wed May 24, 2006 8:32 am

Hello,

I'm Jean-Philippe (In FRANCE) and I'm looking for some parts and infos about a LOTUS S2 COUPE SE (1967).

I want to replace the actual radiator and the fan on the engine by a radiator in the nose with electrical fan. Could you help me for find these type of parts (Radiator , water box or special water "pipe" see picture)

Could you also tell me (web site,...) where I can find some parts for general mechanic part (Seal, water pump, air box, lamp...)

Thanks for your help.

BR
Attachments
thumb[1].jpg
thumb[1].jpg (6.29 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
CHABOT
New-tral

PostPost by: hethelfan » Wed May 24, 2006 12:50 pm

Jean-Philippe
If you look in the business and vendor section of this website.
You will see lots of companies selling Elan parts.
For engine components try QED.
For general parts airbox etc try Sue Miller or Paul Mattys
For cooling try cliveyboy as the special water pipe you mention is not a lotus part but he does various cooling bits for his Elan including a thermostat housing which I have just bought similar to the one in the picture specially for the Elan. He also sorted me out some aluminium tube and hoses to help with my radiator conversion

Jamie
hethelfan
New-tral

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:44 pm

Jean-Phillipe,
That is my photo! This was taken some time ago. The themostat housing came from Burton Power www.burtonpower.com, but as Jamie suggests, you may be better checking with Cliveyboy, who was going to make a better (straight) version of this Cosworth item.
More recently I have fitted a 26r alloy raditor in the normal position, rather than in the nose, this was from Tony Thompson Racing www.tonythompsonracing.co.uk and is absolutely great.

I will photograph my current set-up and post some pictures which show the pressurised expansion tank, etc.

e-mail me on [email protected] if you need more info.

A bientot,
Pete.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat May 27, 2006 11:08 am

These photos show my current cooling set-up, the coolant now runs at about 75 degrees, the fan will cut in at just over 90 degrees and drops the temp to 85 degrees before switching off.

Cheers,
Pete.
Attachments
121d.jpg and
New Radiator 006 copy
3740.jpg and
New Radiator 004 copy
b5cc.jpg and
26R Radiator
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: CHABOT » Sat May 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Thanks for your help.
Here in France it's difficult to obtain some info for Lotus cars and I'm very happy to receive some answers with pidtures.

I will try to send you some picture ASAP.

Best regards

JP
CHABOT
New-tral

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sat May 27, 2006 11:03 pm

JP,
Where are you located in France? Many of us are coming over for LM Classic, you could pick up good advice there.

Pete.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ianf » Sat May 27, 2006 11:44 pm

Pete,

Is there a gathering for LOTUSELAN.NET at the classic? BTW I have a yellow (monochrome) april '71 Sprint and I am considering a TTR Radiator as well, (It would be nice to be able to turn the heater valve off in the summer!) do they really mount well anchored by the hoses?

Ian
ianf
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sun May 28, 2006 4:17 pm

Ian,
I have fitted a full-flow ball type valve which I can operate by leaning into the passenger side! I really hate the look of that awful standard valve, so I got rid of it and fitted a proper engineering solution.

The rad is fixed (flexibly) at the bottom by two bolts, it is mounted on closed cell foam which allows it to move as the engine twists.

Cheshire Lotus Owners Group (CLOG) are a participating club at LMC06 and we have a pitch on the Bugatti circuit, I imagine there will be lots of other Elans there too. We are camping on Maison Blanche- come over and have a beer!

Pete.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: