Think I've just been sick!

PostPost by: stuartgb100 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:09 am

Coming back from picking up the paper (as you do) I pass this ugly 4 wheeled thing. As I get closer I see it's a Hyundai. Closer still, and it seems they've called it an Elantra !

I mean, half hitching a name is one thing, but nicking THAT name!

And then, to stick it on something as God-ugly as that !

(and I dread to think what was driving it). Couldn't bear to look.

Regards,
Stuart.
stuartgb100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: steve71 » Sat May 06, 2006 10:53 pm

Hyudai Elantras have been around in Oz for a while now. But until you just mentioned it I'd never made an association between them and our wonderfull cars. 8)

Guess it's a chalk and cheese thing to me. :)

Steve.
'71 Sprint DHC
steve71
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: M100 » Sun May 07, 2006 11:00 pm

I drove one from Melbourne to Sydney via a roundabout route a couple of years ago. Driving down the Great Ocean Road I wish I'd being in an Elan instead although the huge rainstorm at the Twelve Apostles would have tested any convertible hood well beyond its capabilities. The rest of the time I was glad the aircon worked and couldn't really care less about the name or the chassis dynamics :D
Martin
72 Sprint DHC
M100
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Mon May 08, 2006 4:24 am

The first Hyundai Elantra rolled down the road nineteen years ago. I'll bet more than a million have been built. Can it be all wrong?
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mopho » Mon May 08, 2006 6:04 am

Hyundai is one of my clients, and while I don't own one, the cars are pretty good for the price. With each new model year, they get better and better too.

Do you get a different Elantra than we do (in the USA)? I don't think they are all that bad looking (not all that good looking either), and there is certainly far worse looking cars on the road
67 Elan S3
04 Caterham 7 Superlight R
www.morgansegal.com
mopho
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: