80k 26r at Paul Matty's

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:10 pm

I was at PM's earlier today, they have just sold a fabulous 26r for 80k GBP! Had a good look around it, really a good one, not messed about with at all, as far as I could see.

Pete.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:27 pm

well I hope the thing had been 'messed with' after 43 years or so it should have been rebuilt quite a few times or dont even sit in it - :roll: ---ed
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: triumphelan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:56 pm

Was that ?80.000 puunds?? seems a lot ??
Regards John
Regards John 1969S4DHC
triumphelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:44 pm

Yes, 80k GBP. When I said "not messed about with" I should have said, "unaltered from original spec". Jeez, and I have a C&SC Pedant-in-chief's hat! Photo on request.
This appears to be a totally documented from new, well raced, high profile genuine 26r, unlike many of the fakes. if someone has the cash, that's the value, so it seems.

Pete.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:46 am

if it is a true race 26R it really has to have a lot of changes or was built with some ----racers don't care what the car came with or without only what changes made it go faster and worked for them personally----concours wont win races - [ btw what kind of a hat is it ? ] I have spent almost 3 years assembling 26R #33 s2 from a heap of parts and have become fairly informed on 26R in particular -- after mine became uncompetitive it was left in a barn in 1970 -- the last race was at Mosport in July 1969 at a D.A.C. race ---one thing I have learned is that there are so many ' EXPERTS' who pass judgments basing their knowledge on hear say and personal interpretation rather than facts -- --- for example-- I used a cast bell housing because the original was corroded and a 75$ one worked as well as a 500$ aluminum one [ aside from a minimum weight gain ]---I will add an aluminium one some day during a motor freshen up --but that doesn't mean the car is not a real 26R or is the speedo I added for street use --or the diff pump switch-or type of switch etc etc --I offer this not as a rebuttal but is offered in a friendly and informative manner ---- :roll: ed
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:20 am

Twincamman
Is that a picture of your 26r in the gallery?
Is that a partial shot of the rear anti-sway bar?
Can you post some more showing all?

Thanks
John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:13 am

yes it is ----OK I'm out of megs but I will on the weekend or email me and I can send FEW DOZEN as I took a lot of pics for reference :roll: ed
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: