So what does your Elan/Plus2 look like today?

PostPost by: bast0n » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 pm

A couple more to whet your appetite for northern Spain............

Spot Spain resized.07.jpg and

Spot Spain resized.010.jpg and
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:23 am

Bast0n, always enjoy your photos, the old girl is looking good :) You'll have to forgive me...
Attachments
28 september 038.JPG and
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:04 pm

It seems like today was just like the day when this topic was begun a little over a year ago. Mid to upper 70's and a day that will more than likely not be repeated again till next year. Seeing the S2 was legally inspected again I thought I would take a drive and get some fuel. I put $10 in yesterday to get me to the inspection station and back plus a bit but the dip stick showed 2 inches and thats not much of a comfort zone. I got another $27 because that was what was loose in my wallet. Stopped at an old friend's house and checked out a couple of his motorcycles, a Benelli 250 and several others. talked bikes, cars, and life and his phone rang, the wife wanted to go to lunch so Beau and I headed down to Hummerock for a couple of pictures, west wind blowing 20 to 30 mph was sweet when it's in the upper 70's. I hope everyone is able to get out in there Elan or Plus2 to enjoy this weekend. Have a great time :D

South River.JPG and

North River from Hummerock.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Galwaylotus » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Unfortunately, mine is still on jackstands awaiting the tyres I ordered in June!! Meanwhile i've had my front calipers rebuilt, purchased front spring/damper polybushes and bought Keith Franck's e-tubes and hypojets. Eventually I'll get it all back together!! :(
Attachments
P7300022small.jpg and
Mechanical Engineer, happily retired!

'67 S3 SE FHC

See Facebook page: W J Barry Photography

Put your money where your mouse is, click on "Support LotusElan.net" below.
Galwaylotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: peterako » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 am

It STILL looks fast and great!

Peter
I is an Inginear....please excuse my speeling!
'73 +2S 130/5
Scimitar GTE for the lazy days, 3008, Some bicycles, Wife, Kids, Cats, Dogs....chickens....cluck cluck...one duck...the others flew away!
peterako
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks Mazzini - here are couple more...........

This is a bunch of Norweigans with six expensive motor cars that they had put on a truck in Norway to be delivered to Toulose and they flew in to pick them up!! This picture was taken at the Parador Bielsa at the head of the most amazing valley under the Spanish Pyranees.

I have titled it " Spot the sports car"!!

Spot Spain resized.06.jpg and

This is that valley - get going chaps...............

Spot Spain resized.012.jpg and
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:44 pm

bast0n wrote:Thanks Mazzini - here are couple more...........

This is a bunch of Norweigans with six expensive motor cars that they had put on a truck in Norway to be delivered to Toulose and they flew in to pick them up!! This picture was taken at the Parador Bielsa at the head of the most amazing valley under the Spanish Pyranees.

I have titled it " Spot the sports car"!!

Spot Spain resized.06.jpg

This is that valley - get going chaps...............

Spot Spain resized.012.jpg

You certainly have an eye for a fine photograph. I envy your long European jaunts, one day you must send me a list of 'must drive' roads.

Forgive the silver bumpers, but at least now the cars can be told apart :)
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 am

A couple more - spot the monk driving..................note to self - must remember to wear hat in vicinity of cameras!

Spain 2012 gro (9) resized.jpg and

Spain 2012 gro (15).JPG and

Look out for Condors on the road - they are MASSIVE!

Spot Spain resized.011.jpg and

G&Me with some admirers!

Spain 2012 412 resized.jpg and
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 am

Hi David

Looks like a lot of fun and great memories for you. Maybe a few others will be inspired to go and travel on "the Continent" and exercise their Elans. I have done a few "more than a jaunt to the grocery store" trips and the best parts of them are the new vistas at each and every turn and crest of the road. The trip from Everett, Washington down to Monterey back in 1995 was a couple thousand miles, that trip went so well I took 3 weeks off and toured the northern half of North America and did close to 8500 miles taking in 3 provinces of Canada and over a third of the northern states of the U.S. The top never went up till British Columbia drizzle and road construction left me sitting for 20 minutes in the queue waiting out my turn to pass. It sounds like you have the makings for a great topic, why let it be lost in this one?

Gary

at dawn this morning.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bast0n » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:38 am

Gary

It sounds like you have the makings for a great topic, why let it be lost in this one?

I would not know how to do that! Do you think that are enough of us who actually go out and use our cars properly to fill a topic? If you are out there share the news in perhaps a new topic as Gary suggests..................?

The roads themselves make for good viewing. The two pictures below are from the top and the bottom respectively!

Spain roads.01.jpg and

Spain roads.02.jpg and

Spot Spain resized.04.jpg and
David
bast0n
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm

BastOn, great pictures and always appreciated.

Have a look at Practical Classics another white S3 S/E dhc is taken on a journey between Cheshunt and Hethel on the old A11.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jimj » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:49 pm

I wrote such a topic "Another trip(e)". My number one fan(of one) El Presidente, numero uno, usually comments.
Jim
Attachments
euro 2012 006.jpg and
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: brettengelaz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:54 pm

We spent the weekend getting reaquainted after nearly two years of downtime building a new Ford Racing based Twink.. This is Inde Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox Az... Back again this weekend to run with SCCA...
Attachments
CropIndeOct2012 038.jpg and
Brett Engel
'67 Elan VR, '52 MGTD, '16 MX5 Club
Phoenix, AZ
brettengelaz
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 am

jimj wrote:I wrote such a topic "Another trip(e)". My number one fan(of one) El Presidente, numero uno, usually comments.
Jim

Another great picture. Funny to see how the Stingray dwarfs the Elan. The XK fhc in the background looks magnificent.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanern » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Here's 0013K on a beautiful October day in Southern Illinois.
Attachments
IMG_3120.JPG and
IMG_3134.JPG and
IMG_3128.JPG and
Ernie
Florida, USA
elanern
Second Gear
Second Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: