So what does your Elan/Plus2 look like today?

PostPost by: zog » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Due to global warming, I was able to take my Elan out for a quick and cool drive last Saturday. Here it is parked next to the partially frozen lake on it's way back into the basement to continue it's hibernation.
Attachments
Feb 1.jpg and
zog
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gazzamuffin » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:24 pm

just after engine installation last year!
Attachments
01052011174.JPG and
gazzamuffin
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Mark T,

Very nicely done, looks great! Last we talked I thought it was going to be red but I do like the blue.
Now get it together. :lol:

Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Currently in high build primer and front half of the car has been blocked. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Attachments
DSC02690.JPG and
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ashley68 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:23 pm

RedS4 wrote:Yesterday was Australia Day. One of the bigger events in Sydney on the day is Motorfest, where about 1000 cars over 20 years old is lined up along a few streets as an open-air car show to celebrate motoring in Australia (well, Sydney anyway...).

My Elan was the ONLY Lotus there :? (there was two Lotus Cortinas - but they're just old Fords with good engines.. :lol: .) - the Elan proved very popular with children, Asian girls, and tourists. Everyone wanted to have their picture taken with the car - of course I didn't mind - as the last picture below will attest.... :mrgreen:
DSCF4793.med.JPG

DSCF4796.med.JPG

DSCF4803.med.JPG

DSCF4963.med.JPG

Ding dong! :D
Ashley68
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: gazzamuffin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 pm

hi gjz30075 the body looks great, pleanty of hard work gone into it i think!
gazzamuffin
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Sking06 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 pm

John Larkin wrote:This photo was taken by a guy living in California named Jim Hayes. The Elan looks as if it might fit in the back of the Volvo!

I glad Mr Hayes didn't take a close up. The car has a real crappy paint job. A 1969 S4SE with over a half million miles and still with the original owner. Purchased from Bob Challman in 1970 as a gift to myself for surviving the year in Southeast Asia.
Sking06
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:16 pm

More blue and Brooklands green photos to bore you. The weather seems like it won't start to get bad this year so I needed to take advantage.

Gary
Attachments
standish ave1.JPG and
standish ave.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:33 pm

Gone !
Attachments
Going.JPG and
going_2.JPG and
gone.JPG and
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: memini55 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Gone??????

Making room for more projects I would guess. It is sometimes hard to let one go as I have done recently as well.
Sure looks nice and hope it goes to a good home!

Mark
memini55
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:26 am

cabc26b wrote:Gone !

But not forgotten I am sure of that. May the new owner enjoy that living shit out of it for many years to come.

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Mark, you know what I have going on with the 1500 GT so , yes to making room. Sent a 69 MKII Mini Cooper S out on the same truck, so lots of room now.

Gary, the recipient is my Brother who has committed to drive the car often and with any luck i can convince him to enter the Elan and the Mini in the Targa California - hard driving is a prerequisite..

George
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Famous Frank » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:42 pm

George, I never eve got to see that Elan in person. Is the clutch still noisy in Medici!

Greg, you stole my painter. I'm glad I'm scheduled with him after it's done. For the lookers out there, Greg's car is looking SUPER! Shame, if it was only an S2!

Here is mine now, new front clip at his time last year, Left Rear Qtr repaired this past month. Entire quarter and rear has now been "Tissued". Ahhhh, no more thousands of pin holes. Right qtr and scuttle is to be "Tissued" in the next week. I can't wait!
Attachments
Left rear qtr after tissueing.JPG and
Famous Frank

67 Elan Coupe
66 Elan S2 SE
65 Elan S2
65 Elan 26R
69 S2 Europa
06 Elise
67 Barracuda
Famous Frank
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Not the most inspiring of locations but at least I drove the car today, for the first time this year!

The car celebrated by getting a little incontinent - p***ing coolant on the garage floor from the bottom hose connection whilst warming up :roll:

Despite this ungracious behaviour, I gave it a wash too.
Attachments
DSC00052sm.jpg and
DSC00050sm.jpg and
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:40 am

The weather continues to be just the best this winter, yesterday temperatures were in the mid 50?s (10 to 12 C) and I got out and went to lunch with my parents. We didn?t go far and stayed in Scituate an went to PJ?s, one of the place is owned by a friend that I grew up with in the neighborhood, it was his fathers before and a Howard Johnson?s before that. I stopped at the old Boston Sand and Gravel loading area that is now a public boat ramp for access to the North River that divides Scituate and Marshfield and got a few pictures. They used to load barges here full of Scituate gravel and bring them up to Logan Airport to expand the runways so that they could bring jet service to Boston back in the late 50?s. They took the 200 foot high Coleman hills and brought them down to just above sea level. When I was young they were finished with the operations and the town bought the property for a $1.5 million. We used it for motorcycles and off road fun, parties and drinking in high school. It has been turned into a transfer station and golf course and has a new wind turbine just erected that is visible from my house now. So the next time you fly into Logan Airport you are actually landing on Scituate soil. Lunch was great and when we left the clouds had moved in and there was a good downpour so The S2 got washed, it needed it and when I got home I dried it off and mopped out the interior. I didn?t get too wet on the way home, I was just glad it wasn?t snow. The sun came back out and I pushed the Elan back outside to finish drying the interior?

North River Launch ramp.JPG and

North River Launch ramp1.JPG and

North River Launch ramp3.JPG and

North River Launch ramp4.JPG and

North River Launch ramp2.JPG and
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: