What calliper

PostPost by: christoph » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:21 pm

It seems that I have odd callipers on my s3 restro, I can't believe that after refurbing with new piston and seals some weeks ago, I?ve only just noticed there odd. I'm sure some one will know what?s what, one has L14 cast on it, the other dose not. Regards, Chris.
christoph
New-tral

PostPost by: pereirac » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:58 pm

Can't see from your photo but do they both have brake pipe connectors in the same place?

Carl
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: christoph » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi Carl, yes they do have the pipe in the same place, the main difference that I can see, is that one calliper has two bolts at the bottom (4 in total), the other has one (3in total).
Regards, Chris.
christoph
New-tral

PostPost by: pereirac » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:47 am

Chris,
It might be as simple as the factory using whatever bits they had when they built your Elan. Have you noticed that no two Elans are ever exactly the same.
I needed to rebuild my calipers a couple of years ago and ended up buying two refurbished units as this was marginally more expensive than a set of pistons and seals (and I ended up with nice shiny replated new units...) Any Triumph dealer should be able to supply exchange units, I got mine from TRGB in Somersham, Cambs (mainly as they were fairly local) for about ?50 each..

Carl
pereirac
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: