HOOD HINGE and SWITCHES for S2

PostPost by: neilslade » Tue Jul 25, 2000 5:51 pm

HOOD HINGE LINER and SWITCHES FOR S2

I have a completely original S2 with a mere 12,000 miles. Strange but true. I am amazed myself.

The hood curve ON THE HOOD ITSELF should be lined with a smooth piece of shiny aluminum(?) to make sliding easy. It is attached with flush grommets at either end. On the car body engine compartment, the curves are lined with 5 (I think, just forgot, you can count the holes, I'm too lazy to go back out to my car) studs screwed into the bottom curve portion that contact the metal
curve on the hood for sliding. In a previous S2 car, these studs were about 1/2" in diameter and convex ^ pointing skywards. In my more original car, the studs are flat on the top and only about 3/8" diameter each. I suppose what works best is best.

The dash switches (as delivered from the factory in England 1965, so says my paper history) are as follows:

Toggle switches under radio panel left to right: #1 Interior light (above radio) On is DOWN (except for door opening which lights it in the up position. #2 Instrument Panel lights, go on with headlights UP position (just leave it there, why you would want to shut those off when your headlights are on, I don't know) #3, Heater fan, DOWN for on.

Next to these switches, near the gas gage on the left towards the tach, is the pull out heater knob. On the opposite right side in the same position next to the toggles is the
choke knob, above which is the cigarette lighter,

Across the bottom near the gear shift from left to right-
#1 headlight and curb light toggle switch, #2 headlight vacuum pullout knob, #3 Windshield washer pump/switch knob, #4 key ignition switch.

Above this in the center of the dashboard is the Big Flashing Red Emergency Panic button.

Neil Slade
neilslade
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: type26owner » Tue Jul 25, 2000 6:02 pm

The hood hinge screws which are the rubbing contact medium on the body
are 'cheesehead' type. IIRC they are 10-24. Both the screws and the
washers are natural colored nylon.

--Keith
type26owner
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear