VSCDA - Ozarks International Raceway

PostPost by: TWebb » Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:45 pm

This past weekend we raced the Elan at Ozarks International Raceway in Gravois Mills, Missouri. What a hoot! The track is a must visit/race. I've been fortunate to race on approximately 30 tracks across the US and this is now the favorite.

The track is super fast and technical. There are a number of corners that require total commitment. All I wish was I had more power.

Still fighting a few gremlins including the gearbox, but I was able to set the fastest time of the weekend for all closed wheel cars. We had a pretty large grid with 35 or so cars including another exceedingly well prepared Elan.

Starting to get a handle on the handling. We made a few changes to get the car more pointy and that seems to fit my driving style. With a rather low hp motor, I was pleased to out pace the competition (152 crank horsepower).

We are done for the year so I will begin the prep for next season. Hopefully I will be able to build the real race motor.

More to come.
Attachments
1000005656.jpg and
On the Grid, P1
TWebb
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Fred Talmadge » Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:44 pm

You had the fastest time and you still want more power? Question is how did the Corvettes do?
Fred Talmadge
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: