FIA Appendix K car (mainly UK and Europe race question)

PostPost by: holywood3645 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:09 am

Mainly UK and Europe race question;

I'm trying to figure the value of an original car raced back in the day' known to FIA with documented successes, provenance and prepared for current 'FIA Appendix K' car in relation to a 'reproduction' of a car prepared to the exact FIA vintage standards.
My understanding of what?s in favor of the' original Appendix K' is they are and will be invited to participate in certain high level historic racing events. (Same rule does not apply to Rally cars) And these cars take priority on the grid over a reproduction car to the same specification.

So two cars identical FIA 'K' spec;. One original race car with long history, the other recently prepaired car has current history.
Any idea of delta in value?

Thanks

James
holywood3645
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 pm

I am no expert in UK / European values but my perception is an original "raced in the period" 26R in top condition and competitive with a known provenance is around 80k pounds plus depending on who drove it and where. A reproduction based on a standard 26 identity in similar to condition and ready to race is around 50k pounds. A lot of the cost in the reproduction is the engine build of around 15k pounds for a competitive engine.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: toomspj » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:00 pm

I think you may be a bit optimistic there Rohan. A pukka 26R seems to fetch considerably above ?110k with at least one I know of getting ?175k.

A GTS car with period history seems to be anywhere above about ?70k depending on condition.

And then a repro GTS car depends on condition, spec and current results - probably from ?50k to ?75k.

In all cases I've seen a lot more being asked.

It is pretty hard to build up a car for much less than ?60k if you want to do it right - and that's not charging for much labour, assuming you do most of it yourself.

Im certainly not going to sell mine for ?50k!

Paul
Turning money into noise!
toomspj
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:55 pm

prices for "real" 26Rs have moved on since I last looked !

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: