On Board Vids

PostPost by: toomspj » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 am

I've posted a few on board videos on here - hopefully some people find them interesting, and I've seen one or two others (thanks to David Holroyd). Do we want more? I always like seeing how other peoples cars behave and most of us racing these days have a camera.

I also like to see views of the cars we race against as they're generally varied. What do US and Australian races look like? Do others feel the same?

This year the Guards Trophy series for HSCC will race at Spa, so I've attached a link to my onboard from last year, chasing down E-types etc. I ran low on fuel in the first race and lost a couple of places as a result, but it was billed as a 30 mkinute race but with the green flag laps and a bit of an over-run made it 40 minutes on circuit.

I've sold my Historic Road Sports S1 Elan and will be running an S2 GTS car this year. Pic attached (Porsche tractor in background is for sale at reasonable price):

let me know what you think - if it is a general "yawwwwwn, boooorrrriiiiinnng" I'll cease posting them!

Spa video is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=balt6Q8z06k
HTP Photo lo res.jpg and
FIA GTS car for 2013

Paul
Turning money into noise!
toomspj
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:22 am

Brilliant------------want more please.
What do those B8's have under the bonnet, 2 liter BMW M10's maybe? (I won't ask if they're original :wink:)

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:44 am

Love to see any elan in competition. One day I must get a camera for my car now that the prices are down to something resonable

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jimj » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:16 am

Yes, Paul, the videos are very interesting.
Jim
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 am

More vids please, you lucky drivers and I'll keep a snappin' from the track-side. :D

Don't forget to PM me if you guys are coming to Oulton or Donington this season
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vstibbard » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:04 am

Hi Paul, great video's, checked out some of your others, the 50th at Brands looked very close and agressive racing, im sure you will enjoy the S2 and will no doubt have a successful season.
What video camera do you use?
Cheets Vaughan
vstibbard
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Coupe » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:15 am

Paul
Nice red Porsche in the photo - where was that taken ?
Coupe
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:12 am

Paul,
That's a very good video, I liked the commentary as well. Most in car footage suffers from an awful viewpoint, excessive camera shake and very poor sound quality, but yours is 10/10.

I must say it all looked quite relaxed behind the wheel as well, I'm sure it was a bit like the graceful swan on the lake, not much sawing away at the wheel but I expect the feet were busy pedalling.

Spa flatters the big powerful machinery with it's long straights, it's always fascinating to see how much later the lightweight nimble Elan's can brake for corners and carry more speed through the apex thereby regaining ground lost on the straights.

Do you have any footage for Brands Hatch Indy? I would imagine that your 9th on the grid would improve easily at that venue against the same opposition.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jas » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi Paul

Yes great video please post some more.
It's impressive that you could also commentate a little along the way.
I have been to the Spa6Hours the last four years, great race and cars, will see if you are on some of the pictures.
Jannik
1969 S4-SE DHC
Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jas
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: davidholroyd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 pm

Fantastic to watch .. much better lines then me ! I also have put a 'cheap' camera in my car his year, not as good as this but it does show why I am a bit slow some times !
davidholroyd
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Paul,

I am with the rest of the guys, post up more vid's when you get them.

Fantastic.

Doug.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: