You Tube, Lotus Elan / TR6 Dice Oulton Park Oct 2012

PostPost by: davidholroyd » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:06 pm

Tell me where my line is not quite right .... does it look set up OK 2.00.5 fastest lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLooonLB ... ature=plcp

Slow round second and third bends as had big spins there last year !

I think I am turning in too late ?????
davidholroyd
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:10 am

Welllll 1 st you are letting the blue elan determine your brake points --so follow him only to study his errors and fake to the left to suck him into blocking left for a few laps and then carve him up on the in side 2nd you are VERY rough with throttle on and off upsetting the balance of the car WITH THROTTLE INDUCED OVERSTEER and then correcting 3 you tend to jerk the wheel roughly 4 if you move your brake point back when following you carry more speed out of the corner at the balance point of the turn and you can smoothly get past on the inside when the blue car carries too much speed into the corner and runs wide 5 try to double blip the throttle to match the revs to the gears SMOOTHLY [heel toe ].-and WAY too much trailing throttle into the corners he just gets power down earlier --6--pretend your handling a beautiful woman's nice bits not playing a football match --7 early apex slow way-- late apex fast - -8 study the hostilities after the event - BRAKE --SHIFT [ in a straight line ] TURN APEX BALANCE- ACCELERATE ON LINE every time ---make it your mantra -Oh yes the ?lan appears to be left foot braking to steady the car under cornering---good luck ---ed
Last edited by twincamman on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 am

Ed,

Not wanting to upset you, but as far as I am aware David Holroyd (the originator of the post) is driving the "Blue Elan"

Mind you your analysis of the TR looks good.

Doug.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:39 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: oh ----well send a copy to the guy in the TR :lol: :lol: :lol: --ed

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:05 pm

ok ----Blue elan --on a standing start run the revs up to 2500 rpm so you don't go up in smoke when you side step the clutch -- you got snookered on the start ----042 the 7 is in the way ==slowed you down because he got you on the start ---- 058 looks flat in 4th may be a slight breath of the throttle to help turn the car --- ---- looks flat in 4th in the esses with a slight lift to breath the car and aid turn in breath into it the exit was most important onto the straight as the next turn lead to a fast part at 148 ---- 240 too fast pushed wide --too early apex carried too much speed should have breathed the car at turn in and left foot brake earlier , you went too wide on entrance TURN -APEX -BALANCE-ACCELERATE ON LINE ---- 407 same --work on left foot braking into corners it helps immensely--------now --------the Zen approach to racing ---- DONT RACE ----hook up with some one as fast as you or faster and draft and follow until you have run down the faster cars then position your self to be in in the right position for the last lap , then its every one for him self . and NEVER lead the last lap NEVER NEVER be second or third for the final shuffle .The more you race each other the slower you are and the sharp end guys dont even say thanks as they leave you behind -----you only have to lead the last corner to win and most important THINK AHEAD !!!!! --NOW ---THE MOST IMPORTANT CORNERS LEAD ONTO LONG STRAIGHT so always analyze the track on your required track walk as to which corners are sacrifice corners [ like into esses and or out of esses [going to a short straight ]and look where you can get the power down for your advantage and not have to scrub off speed at the next very close fast turn [that was s the sacrifice corner ] because that upsets your balance part of the car into the next turn on to the long straights and delays your 'accelerate on line' part of the turn -you win races at the slowest speed possible =ssmmooth and gently--like a duck calm and composed on the surface and paddle like Hell underneath --good luck --ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: sparkey » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 pm

I'd say you're braking too much and too early for Island bend, it should only need a slight dab on the brakes to settle the car - in some cars it's almost flat. You're also apexing very early for Shell Oils, which means you're slow up to the chicane. I'd say you're also a bit tight coming out of Hizzy's where you need to come on to clay hill as fast as possible.
You seem to have good lines through Druids and Lodge and into Old Hall.

Steve
sparkey
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ceejay » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 am

Oh dear, I think the guy in the elan was just playing with your TR6.

Listening to the gear changes made me wonder how much metal
ended up in the bottom of the G/box?
... but maybe that could be just the way the vid audio comes across :shock:
ceejay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: