Kimi

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:51 am

An F1 race car with a Lotus logo on the nose won an F1 race today. First time since Aryton Senna did it in the 80's...
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: holywood3645 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 am

"Don't bother me, I know what i'm doing....."

What would Colin have said in reply?

James
holywood3645
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Coupe » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:13 am

This was on Ebay within minutes of the race ending:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIMI-RAIKKONE ... 5d35e5f931
Ben
Coupe
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: MickG » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Just a shame that Lotus couldn't have done something for the Elan in its 50th year seeing as it arguably paved the way for their F1 success :( Past and present.
Poor show in my opinion Lotus

Mick G
MickG
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: 1964 S1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:39 am

I'm guessing Colin wouldn't have sent a message to his driver similar to what went out.
I congratulate Kimi and "Lotus" and I love the eBay item.... I may have to buy one.

Whatever you do, don't smile.
ah, ah, that looked a little like a smile.
1964 S1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:02 pm

1964 S1 wrote: Whatever you do, don't smile

He is always smiling on the inside!

Kimi disagrees with Lewis Hamilton:

"Lewis Hamilton said that winning his first race felt better than having sex"

Kimi's reply to that was: "Maybe he never had sex"

8) :)

Cheers - Richard
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Harrumph! What has this got to do with Elan racing? What has it got to do with Lotus too? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ardee_selby » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 pm

elansprint71 wrote:Harrumph! What has this got to do with Elan racing? What has it got to do with Lotus too? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The subject is Kimi, who clearly has a sense of humour...and which you are evidently sadly lacking today! :twisted:

How's yer back?

Richard :wink:
ardee_selby
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 pm

elansprint71 wrote:Harrumph! What has this got to do with Elan racing? What has it got to do with Lotus too? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I sort of agree; "Lotus F1 Team" to give them the correct title always refer to themselves as the "Enstone Team". :?

It was quite a watchable Grand Prix and I like Kimi's style 8)
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:25 am

ardee_selby wrote:

The subject is Kimi, who clearly has a sense of humour...and which you are evidently sadly lacking today! :twisted:

How's yer back?

Richard :wink:

Ah, now I understand; this thread should have been posted in the Music Section. I'll ask the Moderator to move it. :|
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimi_Djabate

My back is killing me-too many years spent in the Lotus position; I wonder if I can sue them? Or Proton, or Caterham, or Toyota, or GM, or Bugatti, or IRB Hiratwatty, or Wal-Mart, or whoever owns them this week. :roll:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 am

I have learned --pain is good ---it reminds you that you are still alive - :x --ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:34 pm

MickG wrote:Just a shame that Lotus couldn't have done something for the Elan in its 50th year seeing as it arguably paved the way for their F1 success :( Past and present.

Mick G

Missing the connection myself, Chapman didn't see the elan as a race car at all & only after privateers raced did he see a business opportunity. Unless you mean Production cars were the tool to provide the money to fund the racing...

The car that won on Sunday has zero (apart from the name) to do with Lotus, no parts, no location, no driver, no people, not even sponsorship. Still made me cheer though...

p.s. The current Lotus car company has way more important things to worry about than the 50th anniversary of the elan.
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:58 pm

pharriso wrote:
MickG wrote:Just a shame that Lotus couldn't have done something for the Elan in its 50th year seeing as it arguably paved the way for their F1 success :( Past and present.

Mick G

Missing the connection myself, Chapman didn't see the elan as a race car at all & only after privateers raced did he see a business opportunity. Unless you mean Production cars were the tool to provide the money to fund the racing...

The car that won on Sunday has zero (apart from the name) to do with Lotus, no parts, no location, no driver, no people, not even sponsorship. Still made me cheer though...

p.s. The current Lotus car company has way more important things to worry about than the 50th anniversary of the elan.

True, Chapman never intended the Elan to be raced, in fact discouraging it. He had to relent when Ian Walker and others forced his hand.

The backbone chassis was penned on a cocktail napkin in a pub to define a means to test the suspension components and driveline as a mule. The result was so encouraging, Chapman decided to widen the backbone so the driver could sit within and produce a tub/monocoque of sheet metal instead of welding up individual tubes to form a structure. The result was stiffer and lighter than a tubular space frame from which the Lotus 25 F1 car was born. I have always thought the 25 was one of the most beautiful race cars ever built.

Regards,
Dan
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: