Oulton Park Gold Cup 2011 photos?

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 pm

If anyone is racing at Oulton nest week and would like some photos, please let me know in advance. :D

elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: EMA7K » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 pm

I will be there, but only as a spectator as, sadly, lack of talent and age prevents me from risking EMA's life.

Gareth
EMA 7K
EMA7K
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 am

EMA7K wrote:I will be there, but only as a spectator as, sadly, lack of talent and age prevents me from risking EMA's life.

Gareth
EMA 7K

Make sure that you park with the Lotus Clubs.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: florawills » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:25 pm

elansprint71 wrote:If anyone is racing at Oulton nest week and would like some photos, please let me know in advance. :D

Amazing pics!!!! Elansprint...Fantastic :)
florawills
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 pm

Don't bank on me being able to post many Elan shots, after what I've just been told that the organisers have done with the classes. :evil:
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: batfish » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Pete
I noticed that myself, the HSCC have split the Guards race into 2 races with the Elans being in the same race as the sports race cars ie Chevrons, Merlyns, Lotus 23s etc. Almost pleased mine is not finished yet.

regards

Andy
batfish
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: bigvalvehead » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Andy
5 of the Elans have withdrawn. Most will probably do the Swinging Sixties App K next year.
I don't know why they didn't run the Martini race and Sprtscars(B8's etc) together and split the GT race in two.

Cheers
Dave
Dave Hughes
S2 26R
Elan DHC Sprint
Shapecraft Honda powered S1(in progress)
Turbocharged 26R clone (also in progress)
Evora 400 development car ex Lotus Factory
bigvalvehead
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: batfish » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi Dave

Not surprised they have withdrawn I was not happy when I saw how the field has been split and I am not even racing.
I remember some years ago when I raced in the HSCC Classics Sports Cars series and the idea was proposed to combine the Classics with the RGB cars ie Elans , Marcos, E types, MGB etc with Chevron B16s and Canam cars, that would have been scarry!

regards

Andy
batfish
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elj221c » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Oops! Deleted
Last edited by elj221c on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy
'65 S2
elj221c
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elj221c » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:17 pm

batfish wrote:Pete
I noticed that myself, the HSCC have split the Guards race into 2 races with the Elans being in the same race as the sports race cars ie Chevrons, Merlyns, Lotus 23s etc. Almost pleased mine is not finished yet.

regards

Andy

Mmm, just like the old days, really, except for the B8s. I am looking at some programs from 1976 where the Rochas Classic Sports Car Championship races comprised four, sometimes five, classes in the same race.
Everything from a Cooper Monaco 2.7 Climax and Brabham BT8 2.5 Climax through Marcos, Lotus 23s, Elans, Elites to an 1150 Targa Florio Healey and my mates 998 BRM engined 23 as the smallest capacity car in the field. Other occasional cars included DB4GTs, Cobras, an Iso Grifo and Bob Linwoods 4.7 TVR Griffith.
Yet, that year, if my memory serves, John 'Pancho' Webb won the championship in his S1 26R.

bigvalvehead wrote:Hi Andy

I don't know why they didn't run the Martini race and Sprtscars(B8's etc) together and split the GT race in two.

Cheers
Dave

I suppose that would have made more sense, except that in general the B16s and up, the T210 and the March should be much quicker than B8.
Who'ed be a race organizer?
Roy
'65 S2
elj221c
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:33 pm

One of our members in winning style. :D

elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: toomspj » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks for the photo Pete. I was hoping we were going to have a Witchampton Garage one two there for a bit. But a persistent Robert Barrie in his Seven combined with threading through back markers pushed Larry Kennedy into a lurid moment which scuppered our plan.
I agree about the Guards thing with the Elans. I'm putting a 26R rebuild together this winter and am looking forward to some balanced and consistent racing. I would have gone into Guards Trophy a while ago if it wasn't for mixing with the Chevrons etc. But I guess that's how folk with Turners and TR2 s may feel about Elans in historic roadsports.
Turning money into noise!
toomspj
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:47 pm

toomspj wrote:Thanks for the photo Pete. I was hoping we were going to have a Witchampton Garage one two there for a bit. But a persistent Robert Barrie in his Seven combined with threading through back markers pushed Larry Kennedy into a lurid moment which scuppered our plan.
I agree about the Guards thing with the Elans. I'm putting a 26R rebuild together this winter and am looking forward to some balanced and consistent racing. I would have gone into Guards Trophy a while ago if it wasn't for mixing with the Chevrons etc. But I guess that's how folk with Turners and TR2 s may feel about Elans in historic roadsports.

If the silly sods at HSCC had put the B8s in the Martini race that race would not have turned into an eight-car procession and the top Elan folks (????) would not have pulled their entries.

I made my excuses and left when it was clear that the ambitious programme would not beat the religious curfew (not sure how that panned out because, ermmmm... I had left).

Sevearial more photos, give me a PM.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Dave (bigvalvehead)
good to see you there...hope you enjoyed the whole weekend......
not sure if you were there today....the weather was colder today which made for some exciting tail out action coming down cascades....:)
Im sure Pete got some good pics today of the Elans and LoCos......they were sliding all over the corner......excellent...
cheers
Gareth
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bigvalvehead » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Pete, Gareth
It was good to meet up on Sunday and put some faces to names at last.

I enjoyed the day but it was a shame the other Elans wern't out.

Cheers
Dave Hughes
S2 26R
Elan DHC Sprint
Shapecraft Honda powered S1(in progress)
Turbocharged 26R clone (also in progress)
Evora 400 development car ex Lotus Factory
bigvalvehead
Third Gear
Third Gear

Next

Total Online: