racing hsitory question

PostPost by: jk952 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 am

My S2 has in French the equivalent of "team Canada" stamped on the cam cover with a 4 digit referece no. and that same ref. number is machine engraved (not just hand stamped) on the block in two different places (not where the the engine serial no. is). Car seems to have spent most of it's life around Montreal, so larger tracks of St Jovite, Mosport, and Watkins Glen are reasonable distances away.
Admittedly a shot in the dark, but does anyone know anything about racing history in the area around 1965 or can direct me to sources?
Just a curiosity ....
Jack
jk952
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gordont » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:46 am

maybe google?
Gordon
26/5416
gordont
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Jack,
Any photos? They might help.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:28 am

go to ----CMSHG@YAHOO .COM-- its the Canadian Motor Sport Historic Group --all the very old racers from Canada live there and relive their historic battles for last place --some one will know about Ecurie Canada ---I have a jacket patch from them some where -G. V. raced for them they were an Atlantic team [Cheveron chassis I think] until a crash at Mosport put him off the team WITH BROKEN LEGS -[tough crowd] If you have a full bore twincam from them it will a major PITA for the street --but huge giggles at 7000 to 8500 rpm --ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jk952 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:23 pm

Thanks - that is exactly it Ecurie Canada, on the block it has "Equip." and the ref. no. - I will check out that site - maybe see you at Ancaster? My car is not done yet - bought Mar. last year (in pieces), should be soon though, hopefully...
Jack
jk952
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:36 pm

good chance Ill be there ---look for a 'TORONTO MAPLE LEAF hat nobody else wears them --[I lost it once and when I found it there were two more Leaf hats beside it ]-did the race motor come with the car?????? MAY BE ANOTHER LONG LOST 26r - :D :D -ed

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jk952 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:14 pm

The cams I have are stock lift, not sure if ground to a different profile - can't measure; maybe others were put in at one time.
I think the only thing R is the insignie on the 25 year old Rothmans cigarette butts in the ash tray! :D
jk952
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:58 pm

IF they were for an Atlantic car there is almost no ramp --just a rectangle rounded at the top --radical --ed

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: