Dry Sump Layout...

PostPost by: Midlife » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:52 pm

Has anyone got a drawing on the plumbing arrangements for dry sumping a TC :?: I know this seems pretty obvious but I have had different variations on where the filter goes, 4 or 5 port pump hence twin or single scavenge and tank height relative to the pump position.

Cheers

Doug
Midlife
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:00 am

All the fords kind-a-sort-of plumb up the same - I recall the bean lotus and ford racing catalogue having schematics that should get you going. A lot of people recomend keeping the plumbing runs short , makes sense to me.
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: SADLOTUS » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:34 pm

Pretty sure the Burton Power catalogue has a plumbing diagram. free catalogue from their website.
SADLOTUS
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Midlife » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:57 am

Burton catalogue was helpful thanks.

Where?s the best place to put the oil tank in the elan +2? I have looked at several locations but none grab me as the right place. The best place so far to me is move the rad forward (which I plan on doing anyway) and place it between the rad and engine, although it will get the warm air from the radiator here, but it does seem to be the best place to fit it and with the shortest oil pipes. Any one got any ideas or photos?

Cheers

Doug
Midlife
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: cabc26b » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:34 pm

Doug,

I am liking the foot well locations these days. Keeps the oil lines short. Puts the weight back . out of harms way ( well, for an elan anyway) with sight-glass I can check oil level.

I have included a couple of pics and yes the strearing wheel is on the wrong side, but this still works for the RHD cars and the above should apply to the +2 as well.
Attachments
oil-fill.JPG and
Tank fills from engine bay via tube along rh-side fire-wall
oil-tank.JPG and
Sight glass wih location makes the oil level easy to monitor. easy to drain , slide pan under remove plug. Location was also make easy the placement of a space heater on cold mrnig when I want the oil warmed a bit before firing the motor.
cabc26b
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: BRMLotusElan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:55 pm

oil tank should be on same level as pump to avoid sump filling when engine off if tank too high or difficulty bringing up pressure if tank is too low.

regards dennis
www.brmlotuselan.com
BRMLotusElan
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: