History search: RND 844J 1971 Plus2 S130 red/silver

PostPost by: TonyA » Mon May 16, 2022 10:05 pm

Hi, in January this year I purchased RND 844J, a 1971 Red/ silver flake roof plus2 S130. It was originally supplied by Sports Motors Limited of Manchester to Mr Kenneth Carter, now deceased, who lived throughout his 51 year ownership in the Blackpool area of Lancashire, UK.. I understand he was the proprietor of a local garage, and used the car on high days and holidays, often in the Lake District, and the car was well known in the north west. The car had no other owner.

I have the original green log book, MOT history, Lotus Warranty and Certificate of Vehicle Provenance. The only maintenance records I have pertain to recommissioning work, which included an engine rebuild, in mid 2020

I understand that the owner did most of the routine maintenance himself at his garage business, but that the car was repainted and received a replacement Lotus chassis in the early 90s at Christopher Neil.

I would appreciate information from anyone who knew the car, Mr Carter or indeed worked on the car at Christopher Neil or elsewhere ..Thanks in anticipation that something will turn up. Tony
TonyA
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: