Lotus: A new dawn - on now Channel 4

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Today on Channel 4 at 5:45pm. Documentary charting new investment and new car development apparently.

Not sure if different countries can live stream it.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: LaikaTheDog » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Less interesting than I hoped but plus 2 shells coming out of the mould was nice
LaikaTheDog
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Penny » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:27 pm

I watched the programme but found it rather uninteresting and too technically biased. It was a very clinical advertisement and it concerns me that many of the people who have funds to buy a new Lotus are in a market being aimed squarely at a younger demographic. As owner of an Elan Type 36 S/E from 1968, I could consider buying a new Lotus but having owned Elans, Plus 2's, Europas, a Sunbeam Lotus, Esprits and Excels over a considerable number of decades, I'm not sure that the company's latest offerings make me want to part with the cash. There is also the prospect of alienating classic Lotus owners who have over the years advocated and promoted the brand. Ask a young person today what they know about "Lotus" and most will associate the word with various things but rarely do they appreciate that these cars are and have always been at the forefront of British design and engineering. lotus need to illuminate their profile in what is now a very competitive market where they do very little to advertise and market their cars and the breeding behind them. :!:
Penny
New-tral

Total Online: