Scammers

PostPost by: mazlot » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:56 pm

Scammers, have been contacted twice in the last week by scumbags trying to sell Elan parts, don't be stupid and get caught out.
mazlot
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: h20hamelan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:15 am

Visa Direct
is a great payment option.

I insist on it, paypal is okay, through ebay. but little recourse otherwise
Born, and brought home from the hospital (no seat belt (wtf)) in a baby!
Find out where the limits are, and start from there
Love your Mother
Earth
h20hamelan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:30 am

The scammers have been absolutely thick on many of the car forums for the past 2-3 months. At minimum,insist on a photo of the item with a copy of today's headlines in the frame.
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:54 am

Mazlot wrote: 'Scammers, have been contacted twice in the last week by scumbags trying to sell Elan parts, don't be stupid and get caught out'

How have these people been contacting you to sell Elan parts? Through this forum, or how else might they know you were interested in Elan parts?

Scammers are usually stupid and relly on peoples greed. I have some expensive items listed on my ebay general sales account, where I only list as an auction. Scammers contact me to offer, lets say £2k over my starting price for a BIN of the item. Come on, who would do that. What surprises me, is that they usually include an email address, written normally. Why aren't the ebay bots picking that up and stopping that being sent?

Many of the scams are from creatures who have hacked other peoples accounts. Weeks later I get mail from ebay to this effect.

'Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from jawi_437242 through eBay's messaging system. We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have compromised this member's account'

This was a real event. Be careful out there, its a dangerous world.

LS
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:53 pm

I've given up on selling anything on eBay. In over a thousand transactions, I've never been scammed by a seller. Buyers have cost me grief and cash, with the help of eBay, by making false claims about what they received and getting a refund with me paying for the shipping out of pocket. No real protection for the seller there. The fun is gone.
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:09 pm

Agreed

Fleabay is a buyers Market...

John ;-)
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:09 am

Here is another fantastic offer I have just received. Strange that some people want to throw their money at you when I am only asking £8k.

'Do you accept £9,600.00 with the postage to my daughter in "North Shields NE29 6BS" or you got a set price?
Please do costing for the shipment but it has to be express, second day delivery. As a matter of fact, I'll appreciate if you can ship out this morning, for this reason i wouldn't mind making any additional postage fee for fast delivery.'

Always in a hurry to spend their money these people, must have earnt it real easy, which of course they did, scamming others.

LS
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: