Topicality Rules OK!?

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:15 pm

As a relatively new member [paid up contributor] to the site, I have apparently already fallen foul of the 'no wandering off topic' rule [to the extent that I had to elicit some info by PM].......so apologies to all for that. However, my inclination as a non-conformist [e.g. in another place and time, I might be imprisoned or shot], is that a bit of wandering [strictly good humoured and light hearted of course] prevents boredom and dry facts from becoming pervasive. Therefore, as a warning to some who might tut-tut at my verbal antics, I am likely to do so again - so apologies in advance if anyone is offended!
May I reiterate how helpful and generous some of you guys have been, and deserve my gratitude [you know who you are!]

Happy Christmas and a good drivng New Year to all!
Fred
Last edited by Elanconvert on Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
'Never give up!....unless it's hopeless.....'

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1967 Ginetta G4 [sadly now sold]
1959 lotus elite type 14
Elanconvert
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Fred --I was sent to the' Western front 'and voted off the island a number of times so dont be too upset, execution in the morning wont take up much of your time :lol: ,,,,ed
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:21 pm

I dont think there are many conformists who drive Elans or who inhabit this site so i would not worry to much :) . As ACBC once said "rules are for the observance by the stupid and for the exploitation by the wise man" or something like that .

have a good christmas
cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:47 pm

I agree ....I Liked it better when it was more like the wild west site ....nice nice BAAAH ...ed

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:50 am

I to, or is that too, have been spanked a few times on here. It's not so bad after the first five lashes.........
You'll get used to it.

I will say it is better now than it was......say.....a couple of years ago. Folks were just plain rude with bad lingo as well. I reckon if we keep it in the Off Topic section, we're good.

mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: reb53 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:43 am

rgh0 wrote:. As ACBC once said "rules are for the observance by the stupid and for the exploitation by the wise man" or something like that .

Or the version I live by,
"Rules are for the guidance of the wise, and the obedience of fools......"

Enjoy your Xmas,

Ralph.
reb53
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:47 am

No complaints from me Fred.......

Some of the best, most informative and also downright amusing discussions over the years have taken place because of thread drift. The little fights and spats can be amusing as well :mrgreen:
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Yes, it's wot he said 'innit.
There's been loadsa fun on here in the past although a few will disagree. Won't you!!! :D
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Oh no he wont!
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:44 pm

were like girl guides earning badges-------------BUDGES ? WE DON GOT NO BUDGES! ----WE DON GOT TO SHOW YOU NO STEEKIN BUDGES GRINGO !-----WE GOTS ENGLISH CARS [ banditos jump into 6 Lotus elans which dont start ----sounds of many bendex kicking out --bandits exit lotus cars , slam doors in disgust , draw pistolas and fire a few rounds in their respective cars ---bandits ride away ala Life of Brian ----fade to black ]
Last edited by twincamman on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:10 pm

trw99 wrote:Oh no he wont!

"He's behind you!" :mrgreen:
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Fred,

No complaints from me. I'm lucky if I can remember the topic of conversation after the first 5 minutes. And that's when there isn't any alcohol involved.

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Excellent idea, whose round is it anyway?
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanconvert » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:33 pm

Jeff
If you're happy, so am I! :D

Fred
'Never give up!....unless it's hopeless.....'

1970 S4 dhc big valve
1973 Ginetta G15
1967 Ginetta G4 [sadly now sold]
1959 lotus elite type 14