Evante and Spyder?

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 am

I know someone who my be looking to sell his (north Kent location). Pm me if interested.

Regards
Richard
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:57 am

Pete,
I think that it's kind of us all on here to advise you against indulging yourself in this fashion. A zetec +2 preferably a Chris Neil convertible would be a much better addition to your stable, you could then have the satisfaction of making Tim Wilkes jealous.

They are interesting cars though, and are better than a mass produced and millions invested Japanese clone of the same period.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jimj » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:07 am

"I think that it's kind of us all on here to advise you against indulging yourself in this fashion."
I love a bit of irony.
Jim
jimj
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Ladies, please! :twisted:

I think it is a shame that the shape of the body had to be modified; the very first Evantes were just like the Elan S4, except they managed to do away with the fixed window frames; then the legal dept. from Hethel sent the heavy mob around and what had been a decent business relationship (Vegantune were official TC rebuild agents) turned sour; I don't think that Vegantune/Evante really recovered from this.

I think the car I saw might be worth the money- it is virtually unused and like new, it has the best engine, and as the Great Jim says, the body is bomb-proof (particularly as this one is carbon). The white leather seats are from a pimp-mobile and would have to go; the alloy wheels look crap too.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:35 pm

I found something better than the Evante..... the Evanta:

http://www.evanta.co.uk/aston-martin-db7-conversion.html#all

:D
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:22 pm

Love the circular suitcase...