The Legal Story & early lotus History

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:11 am

If you are bored have a read of this: http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cg ... /1366.html

It is the judgement last year in the court case between the two Lotus F1 teams and in the early part has much Lotus history, especially about Colin Chapman. Some of it is quite fascinating, especially as it is written by a legal brain. A lot of it can be scanned too, for the same reason!

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:36 am

I am indebted to my learned friend for posting that interesting link. There seems to be everything their except the Sanity Clause; however, as Chico Marx said... "everyone knows there ainta no Sanity Claus". I'll get me coat.

Interesting to see that Messrs. Nye and Ludvigsen were called at witnesses on opposite sides. Anyone know which Lotus book of Ludvigsen's is referred to?
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RogerFrench » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:03 pm

elansprint71 wrote:I am indebted to my learned friend for posting that interesting link. There seems to be everything their except the Sanity Clause; however, as Chico Marx said... "everyone knows there ainta no Sanity Claus". I'll get me coat.

Interesting to see that Messrs. Nye and Ludvigsen were called at witnesses on opposite sides. Anyone know which Lotus book of Ludvigsen's is referred to?

'Inside the Innovator' is mentioned by title in section 53.
RogerFrench
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: twincamman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:11 pm

that are a lot of words ---most spelled good too ----
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elansprint71 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:13 pm

RogerFrench wrote:
elansprint71 wrote:I am indebted to my learned friend for posting that interesting link. There seems to be everything their except the Sanity Clause; however, as Chico Marx said... "everyone knows there ainta no Sanity Claus". I'll get me coat.

'Inside the Innovator' is mentioned by title in section 53.

Thanks, I had presumed it was something much earlier.
elansprint71
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:58 pm

I just wasted 2 hours of my life reading what amounts to a pissing contest...
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:01 am

Interesting in the evidence about the links between the road car companies and the racing car companies they mentioned the use of the things like JPS colours on the road cars but not the world championship badging. Maybe all the "experts' forgot about that.

cheers
Rohan
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: