elise

PostPost by: RobCapper » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:18 pm

Apologies for the elise post, but at this moment, I'm still a paid-up elan member at the current time so...1

can anyone breifly help me understand the difference between the various elise specs? I'm a little stuck on the essential differences between the S, the 111, the 111s and the Racetech - whatever that is!

Also - does anyone have any feelings on whether the S1 or S2 is better? On my budget it looks like I'll be able to get a pretty bog standard early s2 or a pretty decent s1 with some nice upgrades...

Anything I should really watch out for with an elise, other than trying to avoid one that's been tracked within an inch of it's life?!

thanks
RobCapper
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Old English White » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:54 pm

... Go for an S1 111s . The best.
"Victory" wheels & Yoko's 038R , Nitron shocks , 52 throttle body , direct admission , full exhaust , etc ... will make it even better .
I just buy one last summer for my brother ... Titanium -red leather :
I just don't stop thinking about having one .
Christian.
Old English White
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:39 pm

If you are serious about an elise join the elise equivalent of this forum. I am sure you will find plenty of friendly elise owners more than happy to point you in the right direction.

I do know that the S1 is pretty strong as I smashed one in to the pit wall at Silverstone and walked away 8)
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: dougweall » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:28 pm

steveww wrote:If you are serious about an elise join the elise equivalent of this forum.

Hi Rob,

I bought an S2 111R just a few months ago. To go with my Elan S4.
The Elise is a cracking motor especially if you can afford the Toyota engined models just for more reliabilty, peace of mind, etc, nothing against the Rover engined version of course, but you get my drift.

The S2 111S I believe is the Corolla motor around 134 bhp, the 111R is the Celica engined motor 189 bhp.

Before buying mine I looked at this site and read about the various models with great interest.

http://www.elises.co.uk/index.html

Hope this is some help for you in your decision, if you get one no matter what model I don't think you will regret it by the way.

Doug

P.S. If you look for one check out http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/
I found mine on here about 5 miles from where I live.
dougweall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: chrishewett » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:43 am

I agree with Christian. My brother and I are looking for an early 111s. The close ratio gearbox is a must and the vvc engine has no head gasket problems and is easily uprated.
I find the cars on pistonheads way overpriced.
Chris
chrishewett
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: