Looking For Carb' Help In South London...

PostPost by: davidcroft » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:41 pm

Does anyone know somewhere / how i can get the webbers tuned on my plus 2?

The car has been serviced recently by the guys at Morland Jones, and they are happy to have a look at the carbs again (usually they get it running really sweet), but it's an absolute nightmare getting the car to and from them.

I live in Dulwich, SE London, so is there somewhere/someone nearer that can twiddle my screws for me, or am I doomed to the 90 minute crosstown slog (which usually fouls the plugs by the time I get home anyway)

Thanks

David
davidcroft
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:44 pm

Do not know of anywhere my self as I do not live round those parts. I would suggest you buy a copy of Retro Car and flick through the adds in the back, there are usually a number of rolling road / carb centres in there.
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: simonknee » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:43 pm

David,
How about Southern Carburettors in Wimbledon.
Not used them except for parts (for which they are v good)
But they definitely have a rolling road and know their onions.

<a href='http://www.southerncarbs.co.uk/index.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.southerncarbs.co.uk/index.htm</a>
Simon
'67 S3 FHC 36/7002
'69 +2 50/1370 (stolen '00)
simonknee
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: BenMcCarthy » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:20 pm

I'm based in Oval, South London and have a +2 as well. I also make the familiar slog over or occasional breakdown recovery to Morland Jones and return on the tube. My car's in at the moment for a rather expensive sounding engine failure

Southern Carbs have an excellent reputation.
You might try www.sanspeed.co.uk.
They're based in Bexleyheath and a little cheaper than Southern Carbs. I've never used them personally though.
BenMcCarthy
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: