fuel pressure check with EFI

PostPost by: bob_rich » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:27 am

HI Folks

I asked the atatched question under the modifications forum and did not manage 2 get a reply so I though I would try it in this forum as I know a few folk have fitted EFI on their twinks so here goes again

Fitting an EFI to the twink. Just a simple question ( I hope) can I read the fuel pressure at the blanked off port on the fuel pressure regulator?? I assume the pressure should be read on the output side of the fuel rail
the attached note explains the question fully

thanks in advance 4 help

cheers

Bob
Attachments
Fuel%20Pressure%20Regulator%20Connections2.doc
(431 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:21 am

Bob

Saw your earlier posting and did not know the answer,still don't but the reading should come from the fuel rail (pressure) side of the regulator not the return,if the two inputs (as denoted by arrows) are common it should do the trick but you'll have to see if they are commom...

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 am

bob_rich wrote:HI Folks

I asked the attached question under the modifications forum and did not manage 2 get a reply so I though I would try it in this forum as I know a few folk have fitted EFI on their twinks so here goes again

Fitting an EFI to the twink. Just a simple question ( I hope) can I read the fuel pressure at the blanked off port on the fuel pressure regulator?? I assume the pressure should be read on the output side of the fuel railthe attached note explains the question fully

Bob,

Correct - pressure regulator is on the return line.

The gauge can be fitted as per your photo. My regulator came with a gauge fitted.
The picture shows my set-up:
Petrol Tank 01.jpg and
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bob_rich » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks both

For confirming what I hoped would be the case

cheers Bob