Zenith carb fuel "T"

PostPost by: rdssdi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:33 pm

I have finally gotten my TC running. Cleaning/servicing of the distributor advance mechanism and proper adjustment of the idle mixture screws has done the trick.

I remain concerned over the safety of the fuel delivery for the Zenith Stromberg carbs. I am running a brass "T" with two short lengths of flex fuel line to the "T", which is positioned between the carbs, with the 1/4" fuel line from the pump attaching to the third "T" leg.

It appears that the "T" , supplied by the engine re-builder, has leg diameters for 1/4" fuel line. Part of the problem is that the carb feed lines are of a smaller diameter. The hose stretches a bit to fit onto the 1/4" "T" legs. Source for a "T" with two smaller (3/16"?) and one 1/4" legs?

Furthermore, the hose to "T" system , I feel, is not ideal. Has anyone changed this? I understand that same Z / S carbs have different (safer?) fuel delivery attachments on other applications such as the last year of the Triumph Stag and the Rolls Royce. Anyone familiar with these?

Bob
1969 Elan +2
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:55 pm

I purchased a replacement T from one of the usual suppliers e.g. Demon Tweeks, Burton Power etc.
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rdssdi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:43 pm

Apparently many Zentith Stromberg carbs have inlets both shorter and with a "nipple" to accommodate 1/4" fuel line.

Bob[/b]
rdssdi
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: