Tacho Repair

PostPost by: Chrispy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:33 am

Another update!

I have been having some issues with the tach bouncing around a bit on quick changes in engine speed. Such as revving in neutral, or giving it a bootfull in 1st or 2nd.

I decided to change the above mentioned blue capacitor. Changed with a new one from the local electronics store and it's working beautifully now. So if anyone is playing along at home, change all the caps! :lol:
Chris
Elan +2 #0245
Exige S2 Supercharged
Chrispy
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: seniorchristo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:51 pm

67 Elan Super Safety
67 Elan +2
seniorchristo
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: TeeJay » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:13 am

Update on my Spiyda external module.

After seeing the supplier details on the first page of this thread, I purchased the module in Feb 2018.
It was of interest to me as my car is a positive earth, but also this module would also be suitable for a negative earth and also for electronic ignition.

This year I removed my dash to add labels to it, so with all my instruments removed I thought I would check on the calibration of my Tacho.

I had difficulty with it so contacted Chris at Spiyda, who sent me another module to try.
Still had issues, so Chris advised retraining the Tacho and module for him to test them.
A few days later he returned them, after having completed testing, calibrating and balancing.

This is great after sales support and thought I would add my comments to this thread, also adding that I have no connection with Spiyda, just a very satisfied customer. :D
Trevor
1968 Elan +2 50/0173
TeeJay
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: