Distributor cap leads and coil

PostPost by: yellowelan » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:03 pm

My old set of leads looks a bit tired and the lengths don't seem right.

Could someone tell me the correct length of HT leads set for the twin cam engine and the coil lead and what diameter? I have a 43D4 distributor with top exiting leads and the previous owner had changed to electronic ignition. I was also wondering if there is much advantage to changing to a 90 degree exiting leads and dizzy cap.

Also what aftermarket coils have people fitted for cars with the electronic conversion?
yellowelan
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi

A few years ago or so it seems I changed to Aldon ignitor 2 with the matching Flame thrower coil. I also got the leads from Aldon too. As I had a 103tc Aldon dizzy fitted by the previous owner it made sence. To be honest I had problems getting it to run ok, so I set the whole lot back to them and it returned with dizzy striped, rebuilt, curve reset and module fitted.

It gave a massive difference to cold and hot start up. General running was much more responsive too. Dare I suggest a bit more power to boot.

I only took it out to go full EFI, after less than 100miles..!!!

Paul
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi

A few years ago or so it seems I changed to Aldon ignitor 2 with the matching Flame thrower coil. I also got the leads from Aldon too. As I had a 103tc Aldon dizzy fitted by the previous owner it made sence. To be honest I had problems getting it to run ok, so I set the whole lot back to them and it returned with dizzy striped, rebuilt, curve reset and module fitted.

It gave a massive difference to cold and hot start up. General running was much more responsive too. Dare I suggest a bit more power to boot.

I only took it out to go full EFI, after less than 100miles..!!!

Paul
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: