Black Loop Pile Carpet

PostPost by: sveris » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:10 pm

A few years ago, Martrim sent me samples which appeared to be identical to the original carpet. I ordered a few yards and it was perfect. It’s too bad they don’t have it anymore.

If your carpet has holes or is worn through, you’ll have to keep searching. But otherwise, you can re-spray the original with carpet dye. Yes, it’s a lot of work to mask off the rest of the interior but in my opinion well worth it.

The dye does not rub off on your clothing, and it lasts about 15 years before it starts to fade again.

Steve
sveris
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Alan,

Last year Martrim sent me a sample. The carpet is loop pile and black, but the loops are much smaller than those on my Elan.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichardHawkins » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:53 pm

Alan,

Last year Martrim sent me a sample of black loop pile. The carpet is black and loop pile, but the loops are much smaller than the carpet in my Elan.

Richard Hawkins
RichardHawkins
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jebracing » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:00 am

Richard,
Do you remember who supplied the loop pile carpet in the states? I’ve been looking at sources here in the USA but am not finding a good match, all lacking regular geometric pattern with symmetrical loops.
Thanks
Regards,

JB
67 Airflow FHC
36/7398 RHD
Plymouth,MI
jebracing
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: PBrown60 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:27 pm

Gentlemen

I used to restore vintage Packard's here in the US.

When I couldn't find something I needed I would contact other restoration shops to either find out who they used as a supplier or get suggestions of where to look.

There must be someone in your area doing Lotus restorations that you can talk to.

I'll be needing this too when I get my 1967 SS back on the road

Good luck,

Paul
PBrown60
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: