fascia decals

PostPost by: snowyelan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Thanks for the photos Mike, it clears things up. I think its best to have each word individual as the spacing between 'cold warm hot' would be difficult to get correct. I will compile a list over Christmas break and post it for review.
Scott
45/9011
Hawkestone, On, Ca
snowyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:01 pm

mikealdren wrote:I have a photo of another 130/5 that has the same 'DEFROST FAST' wording so I think it's right.

I believe mine also has this, nothing to make me think it isn't the original dash/lettering
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:28 am

They all had DEFROST FAST on them, at least the later ones, it 's because of the two speed fan - 1st position: Defrost, 2nd position: Fast. If they meant the high fan speed speed would defrost the car faster than the low speed I'm not quite sure but it does remind me of Herman Munsters Go Go Go gearshift! Especially mine as whoever did my dash decided to put both words at the top :roll:

Also, for the interior light switch, interior was abbreviated to INT and the word FAST appears again under the (2 speed) wiper switch
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: RichC » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:12 pm

OK i just received RDenterprises decals in today's post but no instructions .
from what I can see the white lettering is on a clear plastic sheet which is sticky to touch ....
so is it a question of cutting a rectangle of clear plastic around each decal?
RichC
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Yes. Then stick on dash.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:28 pm

RichC wrote:so is it a question of cutting a rectangle of clear plastic around each decal?

From reading on here you might want to cut more none rectangular (e.g. oval?) shapes to avoid easily viable lines.
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gus » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:24 pm

Robbie693 wrote:They all had DEFROST FAST on them, at least the later ones, it 's because of the two speed fan - 1st position: Defrost, 2nd position: Fast. If they meant the high fan speed speed would defrost the car faster than the low speed I'm not quite sure but it does remind me of Herman Munsters Go Go Go gearshift! Especially mine as whoever did my dash decided to put both words at the top :roll:

Also, for the interior light switch, interior was abbreviated to INT and the word FAST appears again under the (2 speed) wiper switch

I'd have to check a wiring diagram, but defrost should be rear defrost, no fan involved

sounds more like goofiness
gus
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Orsom Weels » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:24 am

gus wrote:I'd have to check a wiring diagram, but defrost should be rear defrost, no fan involved

sounds more like goofiness

Not on mine, fan switch has DEFROST above & FAST below, the heated rear screen switch has REAR above & SCREEN below, just as the lower of the two pic's on the previous page
Orsom Weels
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gus » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:30 pm

right just losing my mind thinking that is the screen switch

of course calling it defrost is a little joke.....
gus
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Sea Ranch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:21 am

I'd be in for a sheet, too, Scott. Thanks for doing this.

Was considering having mine done up with lettering just a little smaller than factory, as it appears to my eye to be a little too tight/bunched up in places.

Anyway, thanks again!

Randy
Sea Ranch
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: snowyelan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Morning All,

After a bit of back and forth it appears I can get the +2 arrows done as well.

As I don't have access to a +2, what I need from the group is clear, close up photos square to the dash surface of the arrows WITH a scale/ruler beside them. I cannot guarantee they will be perfect because I will have to draw them up in cad based on photos, but they should be close. For the curved arrow if someone with a circle template could measure the inner and outer diameter it would help as well.

If anyone has a way of scanning/photocopying them it might be a better way?

I will post what I draw up for feedback.

Thanks,
Scott
45/9011
Hawkestone, On, Ca
snowyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: snowyelan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:02 am

Hi All,
Back from the holidays and am back on getting this sorted.

I noticed that there is a 'decal' option on another thread that has promise. I remember the wet transfers being very thin, but with a clear carrier. Is this the case with these? The price is better if you're in the UK.

I am going to do the letraset regardless, but would really like it to cover as many variants as possible. I haven't received any pics of the plus2 arrows that i can add. Can anyone supply these? There is enough interest from elan owners to make this a go, but I don't want to leave our fellow +2 crowd out if all it requires is a few more words and the arrows.

Thanks,
Scott
45/9011
Hawkestone, On, Ca
snowyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: snowyelan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Hi All,
I haven't received any info on the +2 arrows so will give it another week before finalizing the text and possible graphics. Please let me know if you intend to sent the arrow pics, I will hold off if I know they are on the way.

Thanks,
Scott
45/9011
Hawkestone, On, Ca
snowyelan
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Bud English » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:06 pm

Scott- Please put me down for a set as well. Sounds like a better solution to the plastic sheet I have on hand.
Thanks
Bud
1970 +2S Fed 0053N
"Winnemucca - says it all really!!"
Bud English
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: prezoom » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:07 am

Scott, please include me as well. As far as arrows, I looked at my 130S and some of the areas, where arrows could/should be placed, has worn or flaked off.
Rob Walker
26-4889
50-0315N
1964 Sabra GT
1964 Elva Mk4T Coupe (awaiting restoration)
1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero, 302,AOD,9",rack and pinion,disc,etc,etc,etc
1954 Nash Healey LeMans Coupe

Owning a Lotus will get you off the couch
prezoom
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: