Spyder Chassis

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:07 am

Salut

Concerning registration in France, if you have the V5 there's no problem whatever the chassis - as long as you don't tell anyone the chassis is not original. Again, once it's in don't tell anyone what you do to the car - though there is the question of insurance if you have an accident that could reveal a change of chassis. Probably OK to be honest with the insurance company if you can show that the Spyder chassis is an accepted alternative.

Bit more difficult if you don't have a V5 - your car will have a special road-worthy test and probably be judged according to modern standards - hence the reason most try to avoid the gamble.

I think a vintage racing mate told me that a Spyder chassis wouldn't be allowed - but I guess that's logical.

If anyone wants more detailed info about importing to France just pm me.

@+

Vernon
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:11 am

I think that brings the discussion full circle. If you want a Spyder chassis that looks like a Lotus chassis, but with the Spyder enhancements, then Spyder will make one for you.

I think that any of us would be hard pressed to tell the difference when it's fitted to the car, so a government official checking the car for 'originality' or a race official would stand no chance!

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: