Superb S3 SE Drophead 26R/BRM STYLE Road Racer !

PostPost by: scalino65 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Crikey, that is utterly lovely. i dont suppose that you would have any interest in a px involving a series 2 lotus 7 would you...?
scalino65
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:53 am

Hi Will ... I do like 7`s ... but I`m getting a bit too old & infirm for them ; ) !

I was thinking about advertising for a swappers ... but ideally it would have to be an S3 drophead ( or S4/Sprint at a push ) , as I prefer the later cars to use on a regular basis ...

It would also ideally , be a bit of a suitable project ( need paint/bodywork ) so I could put the 26R Arches on ... but keeping the rest of the car pretty much standard ...

If anybody has such a car ... feel free to get in touch ...

Thanks Anyway ,

Cheers ,

Paul .
S4SE Drophead , Sprint Drophead , Esprit V8 , 1978 Caterham Big Valve .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elan Peter » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Paul, my car is still for sale, probably not of interest but I thought I'd mention it.
Sorry to be of any bother, I just want to sell it as I want to get my s2 painted and back on the road.
Best regards, P
Peter James Evans
1965 Elan S2 (Early 26R replica)
2001 Citroen Saxo Hill Climb Car
2004 Mini R52
Elan Peter
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:07 am

Hi Peter ,

I`m surprised Paul Matty hasn`t sold your car ... I`ve not seen it in the flesh yet ... but it looks good for the money to me ( probably a bit too good for my purposes ) ... has Paul said why he thinks it hasn`t sold ?

Cheers ,

Paul .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:26 am

i agree - it's pure beauty - awesome: ............ PLUS + AND imo: the orange bumpers (on a brm) seem to be trying to steal the optical show, so one doesn't need them!! sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elan Peter » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Paul
Thanks for the comment. I don't mind at all that it isn't the car for you.
The reason you didn't want to buy it is the reason we want to sell it. It's not an immaculate car and needs tidying up but at the same time is not financially viable (at the moment) to do a full restoration (and it doesn't need one any way). That is the reason why we wanted our s2, it was half the price to buy and will e worth at least twice as much as the s3 is for sale for once it has its 26R features.
What are you doing with your own car? It's such a lovely car, why don't live with the harshness of it, you'll only regret it if you sell it! We are going from a std comfy car to a harsh racer for the road because we like the brutality :lol: (apart from the bouncy suspension)
Best regards, P
Peter James Evans
2004 Mini R52
Elan Peter
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi Peter ,

I`m in the " if in doubt do nowt " phase at the moment ... & of course , I really do like the car : )

A good lad does want it ... but even if I could find a suitable donor replacement .... I`ve got a feeling , to bring it up to this standard ( not spec` ) would involve a very lengthy rebuild ... & serious out of pocket syndrome !

Anyway , you enjoy your Brutus : ) !

Cheers ,

Paul .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elan Peter » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:25 pm

I will certainly enjoy my little brute :lol:
Best regards, P
Peter James Evans
2004 Mini R52
Elan Peter
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi Peter ,

CONGRATULATIONS that Paul Matty has now put sold on your car ... and a good club friend has offered me his S3 Project , that he hasn`t got time or space to finish ... so , I`m now offering my S3 ( and Sprint FHC ! ) on the open market , in order to make some space !

I would also like to thank those Lads that offered me their swappers ... here`s hoping to get another Elan back on the road ( eventually ; ) !

Good Luck with Brutus !

Cheers ,

Paul .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Elan Peter » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:34 am

Hi Paul, unfortunately Matty couldn't sell the s3 so we are taking it to a friend who is rebuilding the engine and sorting the bodywork issue.
He has found a few people who may buy it so I am not too worried.
I look forward to seeing your s3 project, I love seeing another Lotus saved!
Best regards, P
Peter James Evans
2004 Mini R52
Elan Peter
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Elan Peter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:30 pm

Paul, good news, I have finally sold my S3 which means I can now finish my project :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I am a very happy boy.
Best regards, P
Peter James Evans
2004 Mini R52
Elan Peter
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:08 pm

Well , hasn`t this "C " word ( Corona ! ) been a bugger ... it`s got in the way of everything , including my wonderful S3 machine which has been left on hold the whole time ... & soon hopefully , I`ll be able to do something with it !o!

Which if I keep it , means making it a 100% road car ( currently 75% road/25 % track ) ... or does anybody have a better idea ; ) !?

Interesting swaps considered !

Cheers ,

Paul .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: greg40green » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Evening Paul
I hope to crack on with my S3 DHC as I have 2 weeks leave to take starting Monday , hopefully COVID restrictions will soon be lifted and we can meet up at Hassop as I'll need to put some road miles on it before I put up for sale or swap for yours
Greg.
greg40green
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Good Stuff Greg ,

Yeh , we`ll look forward to a meet up soon ... & good luck finishing your rebuild !

Cheers ,

Paul .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Verve » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 am

In response to some enquiries , I was told the engine was built around the original block & should produce between 140-160bhp depending on set-up & air filtration ... at idle it is perfectly tractable but it really comes in to it`s zone above 3000 RPM on the open road !

The standard interior carpets , seats , dash & weather gear ( hood & tonneau ) are all pretty much still like new following the extensive rebuild .... it currently has Seat Belt Harness`s fitted & has a nice patinated original Chapman Signed steering wheel : )

I don`t know when the chassis was replaced ... being previously raced , it could have had several chassis` , who knows ... I doubt it`s the original one though !

Open to offers or swaps !

Cheers ,

Paul .
Verve
Second Gear
Second Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: